Chapter 37

"I went because I received a text message from Zi Xi on that night." Zhang Shiyong coolly took out his cell phone and handed it over to Ji Bai.

The people outside the interrogation room were stunned: "Text message again?"

It read: "Honey, I have something to tell you, can you come to the villa as soon as possible?" The text message was received at 22:40 on the night of the murder. The sender wasn't Zi Xi but an unknown number.

"It's a sim card for us to contact each other." Zhang Shiyong slowly explained.

Zhao Han stood beside Xu Xu and muttered loudly: "Sure enough there is another number, it's no wonder he wasn't there in Zi Xi phone history record."

In the interrogation room, Zhang Shiyong lifted his eyes: "It was late, I was quite surprised. But there's a password on our personal sim card and only Zi Xi knows it, so I went."

"After I gathered all my things, I immediately left the villa. I didn't want our relationship to be exposed." Zhang Shiyong said faintly "I placed the jacket on her body. After all, she was my woman."

Zhang Shiyong was temporarily released but remained under police surveillance.

The reason for his release was because of his driving route that he provided, police found some surveillance videos which proved that he arrived at the villa at 12 o'clock that night. According to the further forensic test results, around this time, Ye Zi Xi should already have been dead.

And, the police didn't have any other evidence to charge him with, for the murder.

The police team immediately held a brief meeting. Ji Bai cut to the chase: "It's most likely that the person who sent the message was Qiao Shi."

Yao Meng said: "Yes, the message was sent around the time Zi Xi was murdered. She can't possibly have sent the text message."

Office Wu nodded: "On the night of the incident, the oldest son and the second daughter have alibis. Only Ye Qiao went out."

Xu Xu analyzed: "Nobody knew the private sim card's password. But Ye Qiao is Zhang Shiyong's wife, there is a probability that she may know."

Zhao Han hesitated: "She had enough time to commit the crime and had a motive. It seems that Qiao Shi was the most suspicious. But why did she send a message to Zhang Shiyong to lure him to the crime scene? While Zi Xiao received the text message at 22:17? What happened on that night?" He asked, the case was clouded with a layer of mist.

Ji Bai spoke up: "We'll find out after bringing her here for questioning."

The light was focused on the woman's gorgeous but pale face. Stiff body and hands were held together tightly. It was different from her husband's indifferent attitude, Ye Qiao was obviously nervous.

"Give me a cigarette." Her voice was a little hoarse.

Ji Bai: "There aren't any."

Ye Qiao lowered her head in silence and Ji Bai stared at her: "Zhang Shiyong has confessed about the text message."

Ye Qiao stuttered: "What text message? I don't understand."

"Ms. Ye, we have found a street surveillance video of the night of the murder of you going to Lin Shan Mountain at around 10 o'clock and left the area at around 11 o'clock. Before, you gave us a false statement." Lao Wu said softly: "Whether the person was killed by you or not, frankly it's beneficial for you to confess the truth."

Ye Qiao is stubborn beyond everyone's expectations. Although Ji Bai and Lao Wu were mean and nice, one was giving the stick and the other Lao Wu was giving the carrot, half an hour later, she was still silent.