Chapter 59.1

In the middle of the night, it was dark and quiet outside the window, but the office of the police force was nevertheless as bright as day.

Ji Bai and Xu Xu, separated by a dark glass, were watching Lin Qingyan sitting calmly in the interrogation room. He was wearing a suit today without a tie, and the first button of the shirt was loosened. This made him look sophisticated and more handsome than usual. But the expression on his face was not very pleasant, his slender brows were scrunched and his eyes were a bit cold.

Zhao Han came into the room with a stack of files: "Boss, Hong Kong has finally verified – Lin Qingyan's company did business with the company Feng Ye worked for! There are several contracts which they have both signed – they must have known each other!"

Everyone's spirits lifted – since the two had a connection, it was probable that Lin Qingyan imitated Feng Ye!

Ji Bai took the file, carefully read it, winked at Lao Wu, and then the two pushed the door into the interrogation room.

——

Lin Qingyan heard them and looked up. He was also a friend of Ji Bai. However, now, to see Ji Bai in these circumstances, he only stared at him and did not speak.

Ji Bai: "Hello Mr Lin, I'm sorry to disturb. Thank you for coming to the police station to help us with our investigation."

Lin Qingyan: "You were all Yao Meng's colleagues, and there are some things that I do not want to know, but I honestly do not understand why you are implicating me and Yao Meng with your case? I hope you will give me a reasonable explanation."

On the other side of the glass, Zhao Han could not help but whisper: "It can't be, he seems like he's innocent."

Xu Xu also nodded – so far, all of his reactions were normal.

"We suspect that the 'Angel Killer' Feng Ye has recently returned to Lin City. He and Yao Meng were high school classmates, so my colleagues have been following Yao Meng for her protection. Today they heard her scream outside the villa, they thought Feng Ye had appeared and hurt both of you. That's why they suddenly broke into the room. I hope you understand."

Lin Qingyan stared blankly, he was silent.

Xu Xu smiled slightly. Ji Bai's speech was very strategic, in a few words he had made the situation clear. His words, although actually false, seemed factually true. If Lin Qingyan really was the murderer, at that moment, he would have had no idea how much Ji Bai knew.

But Lin Qingyan's reaction was also worth noting.

"But now that you have come here today, we do have some questions to ask," Ji Bai said.

Lin Qingyan looked indifferent: "Ask me."

Lao Wu asked: "Mr. Lin, in the past three months, your private car was frequently seen going in and out of the forest region. Why?"

Lin Qingyan lightly answered: "I was re-decorating the villa that you entered today."

Lao Wu: "You are a senior company executive and work must be very busy. Do you need to do these kind of things, like the decoration of your villa, personally?"

Lin Qingyan replied: "It's my personal preference. I like to do these things, I do not mind spending time on it."

On the other side of the glass, Zhao Han whispered: "When we went in, the villa did smell like new paint and the furniture was also brand new."

Xu Xu nodded – there was no direct evidence against this and his answer was also impeccable. It seemed that Ji Bai could only start from another angle.