New Client

Taylor's point of view~

Models.

Blonde white women.

Skinny chicks.

That's all you see the most beautiful men with. Beautiful, skinny, blonde models. Not thick curvy black women that could satisfy their every need. Not girls like me.

I sighed as I finished the last part of Zayn Malik's "Let Me" video. He's such a work of art. He's a masterpiece and he deserves someone equally as wonderful, but he would rather someone who looks like the girl in the video. It's funny how the girl in the video looks an awful lot like the girl in the "It's You" music video.

It shows a lot about what Zayn prefers. What he desires. Even his last girlfriend resembles both girls in the videos. Gigi Hadid. A beautiful model with the same skinny body, blonde hair, and Zayn's attention.

Because like he said in the "Let Me" video, "What's not to like?"

"What's not to like?"

I can't get that quote out of my head. It breaks my heart as a black woman with an unusual taste for the vanilla side to see the same type of girl in every video. Beautiful men like Zayn Malik only going for the same type of girl. The same model chick.

But enough about Zayn.

I put my phone on the charger and got ready for bed. Tomorrow was going to be a life changing day. I was going to be photographing one of the hottest celebrities, but my boss wouldn't tell me who. All she says is that I love this celebrity and will be very happy the whole time.

I was a professional photographer for celebs and models. I started photographing when I was 14 and never stopped. It was when I was 16 that I started working for my current boss. She started bringing my platform up and now I work with celebs. After a few years, you get used to meeting them. I've gotten to the point where I'm no longer starstruck and can have a regular conversation with one without stuttering. I've also made friends with several of them and have been to many celeb parties. This job definitely has its perks.

I pulled the covers over my head and let sleep take me away.

"Beautiful, beautiful
Beautiful, beautiful angel
Love your imperfections, every angle
Tomorrow comes and goes
before you know
So I just had to let you know
The way that Gucci look on you amazing."

Bazzi's lyrics blasted through my alarm clock. I punched it several times before I finally hit the button. I groaned as I lugged myself out of bed. Another day, another model.

I showered, brushed my teeth, and chose an outfit to wear for the day. I decided on black ripped skinnys, a white crop top, and some black vans. I put my hair in a bun and grabbed my phone off the charger.

My stomach growled so I looked in my fridge for anything to eat. The only contents in my refrigerator were mayonnaise, a carton of orange juice, almond milk, and cream cheese. I grabbed the cream cheese and a spoon and headed to work.

I blasted G Easy on the way to the studio.

"Needed a reason to go off, I think I found one
Don't know what legend is until you've been around one
We're popping champagne on a jet
Think I've been wildin'
You're wild!"

"Incoming call." The automated voice on my car announced. I groaned and answered it.

"Hello?" I asked with clear irritation etched in my voice.

"Girl, why are you late?" My best friend/ coworker Melanie asked.

"I'm not, it's 6:46." I said.

"Your client's been here since 6:30."

I mentally slapped myself. My boss had told me yesterday that my new client preferred earlier hours, just in case something popped up.

"Fuck!" I yelled and hit the gas, trying to speed to work while also avoiding getting a ticket.

"Keep them busy, Mel." I said a hung up. I made it to the studio in 3 minutes. If I'd kept under the speed limit, that would've been 10 minutes. I'm surprised I didn't get stopped.

I ran past security, knowing that they knew it was me and pressed the elevator button a million times before it finally opened. I pushed the button a million times until the doors closed. When I made it to my floor, I ran to my studio.

"Tay!" Melanie exclaimed coming out of the door.

"Hey, babe." I said about to go inside, but she stopped me.

"Mel, I need to go. I'm already late."

"When you go in there," she looked at me seriously. "Do not scream."

I rolled my eyes and walked past her. The only way that Taylor Kingsby would scream over a celebrity is if Zayn Malik were behind those doors. I opened the double doors and there Zayn Malik stood with his arms folded and a stern look across his face.

Oh, fuck!