Another new client

Headline: Zayn gets handsy with his new girlfriend on the balcony! Gigi who?

The next say Petra told me that I could go back to work now that everyone knows about me and Zayn. She said that along with Zayn I'd be getting a new client. It felt good to finally have a break from him and his asshole attitude.

Zayn had just finished up his shoot and left. We'd finished before my lunch break which means that I don't have to spend an awkward lunch with him. Yay! I opened up my new client's file and saw the name Kai Anderson.

Oh my God! My new client is Kai?! Hes super cool and super cute. I found myself actually excited about his arrival. I was tweaking Zayn's flawless pictures when I heard the door open and close. I assumed it was Melanie coming in to ask for something, but I was surprised to hear a male voice.

"Taylor?" The guy asked. I turned and Kai was looking around for me. I stood from my chair and walked to him.

"Hey." He said and came in for a hug.

"I guess we're gonna be working together for a while."

"I'm excited about this." He smiled. "Petra's been non-stop bragging about how great of a photographer you are."

"We'll have to see about that."

We both laughed and got to work.

I'd been going on my stupid pap walks with Zayn and when we were at work together, he was completely silent. The only part that I looked forward to in the day was photographing Kai and having lunch with him and Mel.

It'd been a few weeks of the same routine. I was super satisfied with it. Zayn didn't bother me and I got to see Kai everyday. Kai actually admitted that he was starting to see me as more of a friend and I couldn't be happier. I had to tell Melanie about it.

I was supposed to be photographing Zayn, but he was nowhere to be found. Melanie was sitting across from me listening to me gush over Kai.

"He told me that he's developing feelings for me and that he hopes when this whole Zayn fiasco goes by, he can take me out on a date."

"Wait, so he knows?" She asked.

"I didn't tell him. Petra did."

"How does she know he isn't gonna blab it to everyone?"

"I don't know, but if she trusts him, I trust him."

"Where is he? Shouldn't he be here by now?"

"No, we're still in Zayn time. Plus he had some event to go to so he won't be here today."

Suddenly Zayn came out of nowhere and walked into wardrobe looking pissed. I internally groaned and Melanie saw that as her cue to leave. I rolled my eyes and set up my equipment.

"Let's hurry this up, I need to leave."

His tone was bored and rude at the same time.

"You're the one who's late." I spat. "If we take a longer time than necessary, its because of you. You didn't even let hair and make up fix you up! You looked like a hot me-"

"Shut up!"

He screamed at me and I was stunned. He'd never yelled at me before and I was kind of scared, but I didn't let my expression show it. Zayn was fizzing and I felt like the only thing keeping him from snapping my neck was the distance between us.

"Leave!" I demanded. "You've missed most of your shoot anyway."

"You're going to take my fucking pictures!"

He walked closer to me and I stepped back. I could see the anger in his eyes and it wasn't pretty. I tried to keep a hard facade when I really just wanted to break down into tears.

"No, Zayn. I'm not going to take your fucking pictures! You missed your shoot! And you've been nothing but rude to me! Just go! I don't want to see your face anymore. It's bad enough that I have to pretend to love you!"

He seemed hurt by my last sentence, but quickly covered it with a scowl.

"Screw you! All I have to do is fake a tweet and your career is over with! You're nothing! The only reason you're even relevant right now is because of me! You think you're something now because you have a million followers on Instagram?! That I gave you?! Wait until this contract is over. No one will ever talk about your ass again. You'll be forgotten about quickly!"

I was shocked and hurt by his words. I couldn't see him through the tears forming in my eyes. The way he screamed at me and the way he looked at me like I was gum on the bottom of his shoe. I walked up to him and shoved the camera into his chest.

"Take your own goddamn pictures."

His expression softened as I walked away. I felt his hand grab my wrist.

"Go to hell, Zayn." I said and jerked away from his hold.

I left him in the studio alone.