Jealousy

I opened the door with my key card and saw Zayn was being pleasured by some blonde girl.

My heart dropped. I closed the door quickly and practically ran to the elevator.

That's what I get for liking someone who I could never be with. The elevator took forever to open.

"Taylor!" I heard Zayn call down the hallway. The elevator finally opened and I stepped inside and started repeatedly pushing the close door button as fast as I could. Zayn had almost made it into the elevator before the doors finally closed.

When the doors opened, I walked to the front desk. I asked for a new room and was given the key almost immediately. The room was on a whole different floor so I didn't have to worry about bumping into Zayn.

That night I couldn't sleep. All I could do was think about Zayn. And how stupid I was to think he had actual feelings for me. And how stupid I was to have feelings for him.

I'm not even his type. That girl was his type. Blonde, skinny, and perfect. Just like Perrie, just like Gigi, just like the girl in the iT's YoU video, just like the girl in the Let Me video. Those were the girls he wanted.

Not the girl in the TIO video.

Not me.

I woke up to my phone ringing. I answered it without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Taylor, open the door." Zayn started. The second I realized it was him, I  thought about hanging up, but realized that there wasn't a reason for me to be mad. I wasn't even supposed to have feelings for him in the first place. Whatever he did when I was gone, was his business.

"What?" I asked.

"I'm outside, open your door."

I rolled my eyes and got out of bed. I opened the door to a sleepy looking Zayn. He was probably tired from all the fucking he did last night. He came in and I sat on the bed.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"Why are you apologizing?" I asked.

"What do you mean?"

"What you do in your free time is what you do. It's my fault for not letting you know before I was headed back."

He sighed.

"Taylor, stop."

"Stop what?" I asked clueless.

"I know you're mad."

"Why would I be mad?"

He just looked at me. I wanted him to say that I should be mad because we both have feelings for each other and need to stop acting like this, but I knew that wouldn't happen. I knew he didn't have feelings for me. No matter what he said.

"You left." He said.

"Because I wanted to give you your privacy."

"How'd you find my room?" I asked.

"You're under my tab, idiot." He said and smiled. It was almost a grimace, though.

"My bad." I gave him a small smile.

The rest of the day we just talked. Zayn paid for the room and we went back to our original room. There was no flirting, no physical contact, no nothing. Just a friend talking to a friend. There weren't any awkward silences, which surprised me, but I liked it.

We ended up binge watching The Twilight Zone on Netflix. We were bundled up in blankets and pillows. The curtains were drawn to add more effect to the binging mood. We'd ordered a bunch of room service that was pretty much almost gone.

"I still don't understand." Zayn said for the millionth time. "It doesn't make sense. This wouldn't happen in the real world."

"That's the point. You're not supposed to get it, it doesn't make sense, and it's never gonna happen in the real world. Just shut up and watch."

"Pass the ice cream." I told him and he passed me the carton that had a few bites left.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. I looked at Zayn who was pretending to be asleep.

"Ass." I said and went to the door. On the other side was a girl. She was blonde with green eyes and she looked familiar. Then I realized that it was the girl I caught Zayn with.

"Where's Zayn?" She asked rudely. I fought the urge to drag her down this hallway by her fake ass extensions.

"Why?" I asked defensively.

"I don't know if you're his new hoe or whatever, but you need to get out of my way and let me talk to Zayn."

"Why are you here?" Zayn asked behind me.

"You ditched me when this bitch came! You said we would fuck and then kicked me out. I didn't even finish you off! Can we just talk, please?"

What the fuck! Am I in the Twilight Zone? This hoe literally just came here, was rude to me, and had the audacity to ask Zayn to give her the time of day? I felt myself fuming.

"Leave or I'll call security."

Zayn gently moved me to the side and closed the door. He sighed and looked at me.

I walked back to the bed and bundled up in the covers again just to hide my face from Zayn. I unpaused the Twilight Zone and Zayn sat next to me again.

"Taylor," he started, but I stopped him.

"No, Zayn." I said. "We were doing good. What we were doing was perfect and I want it to stay that way. Okay?"

"Okay."

I ended up falling asleep with Zayn next to me. It was comforting to know he was there. I woke up when I heard a paper being ripped. I looked over to Zayn who had a frustrated look on his face.

"Zayn?" I asked. He looked over at me.

"Shh." He rubbed my back soothingly. "Go back to sleep."

"Are you okay? What was that?"

"Nothing, babygirl. I'm okay. Just go to sleep."

I nodded and let darkness take me over for the second time that day.