Homes

All homes/ buildings are called smart homes, systems are built in, they come with a manual, accessed by a personal computer, central remote control, or by the main black control box located near the front entrance, (each member of a residence can have a remote) these are: 
*Control of lighting - Adjusts brightness, indoors/outdoors, security, window shades, and awnings. Etc.
*HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) - Hot, cold, indoors/outdoors, etc.
*Appliances - On, off, small, large, white goods, etc.
*Security - Locks of gates, doors, systems, windows, etc, open, close, set, video door entry, detect any kind of unauthorized movement and notify the user by mobile phone and contact the police.
*Motion detectors - Knows when someones approaching, turn off lights and other devices when left on, unless programmed, e.g a house or building an auto on/off at night time, e.g after 10pm. When no motion is detected, shuts down, if a detector senses fire, gas leaks, water leaks, break in, etc, it causes all lights in house/building to blink to alert occupants, security will contact emergency services.
*Phone screen - Allows person or people to see who therere talking to, is attached to the wall, you can see the person/people in different views, close up, a red button on the screen blinks when theres an incoming call, if not answered after one minute, the person can leave a message.
*Key card - Instead of a key each member of a house or building has a thin plastic card, to enter you simply swipe the card through the small black box, attached to the doorhandle, the card has your: name and date of birth.
*Backup system - Kicks in when normal system malfunctions, a message will be sent to the power company, they will repair, or replace the system.
*Settings - Each person has their own settings, and up to twenty can be programmed in a house, over a thousand in a building. e.g, lighting, temperature, music levels or television channels, taking in day of week, time of day, and other factors. Other tasks include: setting HVAC to an energy saving setting when house is unoccupied, restoring normal setting when occupant. Maintain inventory of products, recording their usage through bar codes, and prepare a shopping list.
Each person has their own code to access the system; they can select and watch cameras live from an Internet source (which has many privacy laws) to their home or business. Security cameras can be controlled, allowing user to observe activity around a house or business right from a monitor or touch screen.  
*The smart home/building provide ease, comfort, uses less energy, convenience, efficient and security, for residents, connects all devices in a house/building with each other. When an appliance or device is upgraded or brought an installer will install the appliance or device into the system, and is used to control domestic activities, e.g home entertainment systems, houseplant and yard watering, pet feeding, changing setting for different events (such as dinners or parties) etc. *Devices are connected through a computer network the system and appliances are able to connect. It becomes useful, for example, an appliance sends a message when it needs cleaning, or a refrigerator when it needs a service. *Rooms send signals when someone enters, if no one is supposed to be home or in a building and alarm is set, the system calls the owner, and the police. Systems are installed when a home/building is being built. To start a system, it is programmed for the homes/buildings, if a house has a home theatre, it can shut down all audio and video machines, or make audible announcements. Ongoing costs are electricity to run the system, maintenance costs for control and networking systems, including troubleshooting, and cost of upgrading as standards change. Fees for setup and installation.