The snow storm 4

Of course, it was Magnus who broke the stare by looking down at the table, clearing his troath and stuffing his mouth with a meatball.

"So this Jake guy-" "It's Jace," Alec corrected. "Whatever. Does he know you are alive at all?" Magnus asked and swallowed. Alec used the sleeve of his sweater to wipe ketchup from his lips.

"Nope, neither do Izzy or Clary," Alec sighed, he was afraid of how scared they must be.

"Izzy. Your girlfriend?" Magnus asked almost dissapointed. Alec shot up his face and looked startled and almost terrified at him. "no! no, no, no, Izyy is my sister," he explained.

"So Clarke-" "CLARY," "same shit. Clary is your girlfriend?" Magnus asked and twinned some spaghetti around his fork. He made sure to highlight Clary's name to please Alec.

"No! Ew! I don't like.. girls," Alec mumbled the last sentence. Even if he was openly gay, it still was uncomfortable to talk about it. Especially to other men, stranger guys. He'd rather have this type of convirsation with Izzy or some other girl. Magnus hesitated a bit, open mouth, then nodded. It didn't seem like he cared.

"Cool, I'm bi," Magnus said and chewed more food. Alec looked up at him again.

"That does not mean we are gonna hook up," Magnus joked. Alec's eyes widened and he looked down in his food. The spaghetti tasted paper, and the ketchup was expired ages ago.'

"I-I didn't-" Alec stuttered but he cut himself off with a sneeze followed by rough coughing, again.

"You okay?" Magnus asked, and suddenly the atmosphere got awkward. Alec could sense that Magnus regretted what he'd said about hooking up. "Yeah, I'm fine. My throat hurt a bit," Alec smiled tilted. His signature smile. It was freaking adorable.

"I'll warm up some snow so that we can use that to shower, or at least wash our hair. And you can get a cup of tea for your throat," Magnus said and got up, threw his empty paper plate in the trash bin and went outside the door with two buckets in his hand. The cold wind from outside was freezing and made the whole room cold. Few moments later, Magnus came back in, fully covered in snow and with snow in the buckets. Alec walked over to him and grabbed the buckets before he brought them to the fireplace. Magnus undressed fast and exhaled.

"Hey you are gonna get sick," Alec said and coughed again.

"Look who's talking," Magnus said and wrapped his hands around himself. Alec walked over him with a blanket and hesitated if he should give it to him or wrap it around him. It took him few seconds to get the courage to wrap the blanket around Magnus's shoulders.

"There. I can warm up the snow," Alec smiled, but in the same moment he threw his head back and sneezed again.

"Alexander, let me. You are obviously not well," Magnus said and reached out his hand from under the blanket and laid it on Alec's forehead.

"Alexander?" Alec asked.

"Yeah. I figured that Alec must be a shortened version of Alexander, am I right? Oh god you are boiling," Magnus said and Alec looked at him amused. Five minutes ago he couldn't care less about Alec and now he was suddenly checking his temp?