The snow storm 18

"These suck! They're so boring," Alec whined and threw the magazine away after ten minutes.

"That really hurt my feelings! Nancy Drew is not boring it's just... old," Magnus mumbled and put his away. "Tea?" He asked them.

"You're really addicted to tea..," Alec groaned under his breath, looking at the wall.

"Tea it is then," Magnus grinned and raised up to warm up water. "I mean, have you seen my Teabag collection? Yes, I am a tea addict. And you are a grumpy cat," Magnus mocked.

"Am I the grumpy cat? You should've heard yourself the two first days. Grumpy and sassy all the time,"

"Be careful with that confidence of yours, it will cause karma you know," Magnus laughed silently at himself while finding milk, honey and teabags.

Soon they both were sitting and sipping on mugs of tea, in a silence less awkward than the others. Still awkward, but better than the last time it was silent. It gave Magnus time to think. To think about what Alec was. What did Magnus feel about Alec? He sure was handsome and cute. And grumpy. And his lips felt like heaven when they'd had that random kiss. His skin tickled when he thought about it, kissing Alexander. This stranger who'd accidentally gone skiing when a storm threatened. Almost a stranger. Magnus knew too much about him to call him a stranger.

For example, he loved his siblings, no doubt. He was gay, and he hated Nancy Drew. His surname was Lightwood. Alexander Lightwood. What a beautiful name.

"What was that sound?" Alec snapped Magnus out of thoughts.

"What sound? I don't hear anything," Magnus said, but Alec held up a finger to indicate him to shut his mouth. And there it was. A sound of something hitting and grinding. Magnus shot his head towards Alec who suddenly looked paler than usual. His ears were red.

"What is that?" Magnus whispered. The sound stopped for a few seconds. Then it continued. Loud and hard pounds. It came from the bedroom.

"You have to check," Alec's voice was barely a whisper.

"The fuck no. You can go. You're taller and seem bolder and stronger," Magnus hissed back like it was a negative thing.

"Me? No I'm a coward. You go,"

"We go together then, god," Magnus mumbled and raised up, putting his tea mug quietly on the table. Alec did the same.

"You open and I go in," Magnus whispered when they stood at the door.