Letter #23

Dear XXXXXX,
We finally had the first conversation in almost four weeks. Key club is a blessing. As I walked into the classroom, I saw you, standing right there. When you said "hey there" to me, it was as if everything ignited around me. I wanted to hug you. I really missed you. However, all I could get through my voice was a soft "hello." I sat at the table you were standing next to. We were the only ones sitting at that table. Your back was facing me, so you didn't notice me staring at your tennis jacket and the fact that it had your last name on it. As the club meeting pulled through, I couldn't say anything to you. I didn't have the guts to start a whisper conversation like last time. Why are we drifting apart? When you dropped the scissors you were holding, the sarcastic "tch" sound I made was the only thing that made you smile during the meeting. How I really missed that smile; your smile. I really missed you. You're always quieter than anyone else I know. My favorite thing ever is getting into conversations with you. I miss it; I miss you. When the meeting ended, I had the guts to ask you about that class my brother told me about; the one he said you were failing. When you turned to face me, I forgot about everything. I forgot how beautiful you were. I forgot the feeling I had when we talked. And then it all came back. I missed you. When you left and waved me goodbye, my heart broke a little inside. This might be the last time we talk in another month again.