1

I sighed and tapped my finger against my leg.

"Percy. It's not much farther." Mom looked over at me.

"How do you know? You told me they gave you up when you were four."

"I do have a good memory Percy. If only you would have gotten that from me." She smiled shaking her head slightly.

Yeah...

Not like I don't remember every single thing I did wrong.

Every single thing that lead to the death of somebody.

There were some signs posted, but we passed them too quickly for me to be able to read.

Mom stopped the car. "Listen, my parents only gave me up because they thought they were too young for kids at that point."

"When you were four?"

She sighed. "Percy, they wanted me to be safe. And I have been. For the most part. So we are going to stay here for awhile so you can get to know them."

"As long as they don't try to kill me I'll be good."

I looked in the backseat at Paul who was asleep.

He kinda drove most if the way here, Mom took over not too long ago.

"Honestly how is he this sound asleep?"

She put the car back in drive. "He's a teacher Percy. I'm pretty sure he could fall asleep during his prep period."

Actually... that's happened.

We passed a low metal gate and kept going.

"How long is this?" I raised an eyebrow.

"We're almost there."

Mom focused on the driveway. There was another bend and we reached a tall wrought iron fence with those fleur-de-lis things on top.

The gate was open and we passed through it and then...more green stuff.

Man would Grover love it here or what?

We drove across a bridge over a creek, and there were some fish in it all right.

My Lady!

Lady Perseus crossed over our bridge!

I chuckled.

"Fish talking to you?" Mom questioned.

"Yep. Do you think they have a pond or something?"

"There's a pool."

"Good enough." I mean I'd prefer something natural cause then no chemicals.

But I'll take what I can get.

"Will you be okay staying here Percy? Last night it sounded like somebody was murdering you."

Schist.

"I'll be fine. If worst comes to worst I could stay at Dad's for a night. He probably wouldn't mind and it might help."

We pulled up in front of the house and as Mom shut off the engine the door opened.

Out stepped a few people. One was probably my grandfather, and I have no idea who the others were.

Immediately Mom got out of the car.

I followed, leaving Paul still asleep.

"Sally!"

"Hi Dad." Yep.