15

"Are you sure you'll be fine?" Dad asked, standing in the doorway.

I stared at him. "Dad, you put an enchantment on the room to tell you if I left, an enchantment on the bed to tell you if I have a nightmare or if I wake up. I'm pretty sure there's no way I won't be fine."

He walked over and water lifted me up. Dad pulled back the covers on the bed before letting the water lay me down. He carefully tucked the blanket around me.

"Goodnight my child." Dad kissed my forehead.

It didn't take me long to fall asleep, and it didn't take long for me to wake up screaming.

I drew my knees to my chest and wrapped my arms around them, rocking myself.

The door slammed open, making me jump and curl up tighter. And I also started hyperventilating.

"Sorry." Dad whispered before softly closing it. He walked over and sat on the bed, facing me.

Reaching forward he pulled me close to him, mumbling apologies. He sighed. "Follow my breathing okay?"

I nodded and did my best to. My forehead rested against Dad's chest as my breathing returned to normal.

"There you go baby. There you go. Now are you going to go back to sleep or try to sneak out?"

"Sneak out." I mumbled. It doesn't matter what I say, he'll know the moment I try to leave.

"Okay, at least you're honest. But you know I'm not giving you a choice."

I was pulled away from Dad and placed back on the bed.

"I don't want to sleep."

"Too bad." Dad moved so he was overtop of me, making sure I couldn't disappear. "Listen, I know your nightmares scare you. If they didn't then they wouldn't be nightmares. But kiddo, you need to trust me when I say that I'm going to do everything in my power to keep you safe."

I stared up at him before wrapping my arms around myself in a tight hug. "Can you...Can you stay with me?"

A gentle smile appeared on his face and he wiped away a few of the tears on my face. "Of course."

He moved away before tucking me back in. Then he sat down, leaning against the headboard.

I sighed. Not exactly what I meant but I'll take it.

I stared up at the ceiling, occasionally wiping my eyes.

"I'm sorry about earlier."

I didn't respond to him, and my only movement was to roll onto my side facing away from him.

"I'm not just saying that because I don't want you to be mad at me, I'm really sorry about earlier. I should have noticed that we were upsetting you. But...why did you tell me and not your mother?"

I sighed. "Because I didn't expect you to care this much. I thought Mom would have just yelled or been disappointed in me...not all clingy and annoying about it."

"She cares about you."

"Well yeah I know that. But do you think I need that? Do you really think I need to feel bad about how I am? She keeps asking me why I'm like this and I don't really have an answer because I don't really know. It could be from guilt, it could be from what happened when I fell into the Pit, or it could just be me."

I could feel him move and soon enough he pulled me close to him, his arms wrapped around me in a tight hug.

For some reason, that seemed to calm me down to the point where I was almost falling back asleep.

I tried to roll in his grip, but it was too tight for me to actually do anything.

"Dad, can you let me roll over? I like sleeping on my other side."

His grip loosened enough for me to do that before tightening once more.

"Goodnight Percy."

"Night."

Poseidon

I sighed and laid there as my daughter's breathing evened out.

I can't imagine how this feels for her...

She told me that she doesn't want to live anymore and then seemed to immediately regret saying anything. Sally found out on accident.

And Paul...

How she's acting with him upsets me.

She seems to trust him and talk to him much more freely than she does with either myself or Sally. Percy has literally said she wishes Paul was her dad instead of me, and she seems to actually treat him like he's her father despite only being around him for about two years.

Though I guess that last part does make him more of a dad to her than to me. This is the most I've ever really been around her.

Another sigh left my lips and I shifted Percy. She didn't seem to notice and if she did, it seems as though her instincts that would have otherwise waken her, recognize me as her father and not a threat to her wellbeing.

I ran my fingers gently through her hair, humming an old lullaby. She didn't stir and I just kept humming the lullaby.

I don't want her to have another nightmare. If she does and she cant get back to sleep, I doubt Sally will ever let her come stay with me for a longer amount of time.

Percy started trying to toss, but my grip on her wouldn't allow it.

I started humming a little bit louder and gently rubbed her back.

She slowly calmed down and I smiled.

She looks so peaceful.

Okay so this is crap but I need to work on my costume

I have half the legs done. So I need to do the other half, the back, the shoulders, the arms and hands, and helmet

By Tuesday

Also fair warning

I might end up doing my back up costume (which is usually something stupidly easy and I'm like why didn't I think of that before u started doing this.)

Which is Shota Azaiwa from My Hero Academia.

I think I spelled that right

Don't know but

Do you guys have anything you want to see?

I'm gonna work on my costume

See yah