2

"Percy, nice to meet you." I smiled at the unicorn.

How'd I know he was a unicorn?

Um...you guys do know unicorn is pretty much a horse. But not.

Cause I don't want to listen to Blackjack and a unicorn complain that they aren't horses.

I really should show Blackjack a book or something that has Pegasus described as a winged horse.

Bracken looked at Kendra and gave a small smile. "Hello Kendra."

"Hey Bracken." She blushed.

"You are as radiant as ever."

"And Seth is still a dim lightbulb."

"All us other dim lightbulbs take offense to that!" I crossed my arms.

"Yeah-Hey!"

"Kids! Lunch is ready!"

"That's Grandma. Come on." Seth practically drug me to the kitchen.

We sat down, with our grandmother talking to Bracken before he entered.

"You're Sally's daughter? You certainly seem to have her same charm."

I snorted but didn't make another comment.

So far I haven't had anyone tell me I was very charming.

I've had them tell me to act ladylike, but screw them.

"What's for lunch Mrs Sorenson?" Paul questioned politely.

She placed a plate in front of everyone, and I thanked her which she returned with a smile.

"You're welcome. Now eat up."

I looked down at my plate and paled.

"Percy what is-oh. Where's the bathroom?" Mom asked hurriedly.

"That way."

I got up and rushed there barely making it to the toilet before I threw up.

Mom walked in, kneeling beside me.

She sighed and made sure my hair stayed out of my face.

"I'm sorry sweetheart. I forgot to tell them about your allergy." She gently rubbed my back.

I spit, trying to get the taste out of my mouth. "It's okay Mom."

Groaning I leaned against the wall.

"Is she okay?"

"You're-"

"Bracken. I may be able to help."

"I don't-"

This might work out well. I mean he can sense my aura, but I might be able to mislead him.

"I'm fine. I just can't stand fish. I'm allergic and at this point just seeing one cooked or dead makes me sick."

"Oh. Would you like me to inform your grandmother of this information?"

"Please and thank you." Mom said, wrapping an arm around me before helping me stand.

Then she flushed the toilet.

"I'm probably gonna go sit in the pool." I mumbled. "Water helps. It always helps."

"Will you be fine getting there on your own?"

"I'm sixteen Mom. I'll be fine." I walked out of the bathroom, well more like ran.

Because knowing me, if I don't get in water soon I'll probably throw up again.

And the larger the body of water the better.

"I'm going to go sit by the pool. Please don't bother me." I said before exiting the house.

Once where I wanted to be, I sat dangling my feet in the water.

Now I could go in but...eh.

What do I care?

I slipped into the water and floated on my back with my eyes closed.

"Who is that girl?"

"I don't know. But look how bright she is."

"Maybe she's another handmaiden."

"We would have been told. Bit maybe she'd share some of that light with me."

"Who are you kidding? I'm obviously prettier so she would share it with me."

Sometimes I really hate fairies.

Why the Hades are they so...so... narcissistic?

Oh...um yeah. I can understand them.

Look, I'm not explaining it so deal with it.

As I floated there, I made small shapes under the water. I'm not in any danger of being found out cause you can't exactly see what I'm doing.

"Is she brighter?"

"Don't be ridiculous. You're jealous that your wings don't reflect the light the way mine do."

I heard footsteps.

"Are you okay Percy?" Paul asked sitting at the edge of the pool.

"I'm okay Paul." I opened my eyes and looked over at him.

"Come here kiddo."

I swam over so I was next to him and crawled out.

"Is anybody watching?" I mumbled. "Actually never mind, this feels nice." I had made sure my clothes stayed wet so I wouldn't draw attention.

Paul wrapped an arm around me. "Percy, what happened last night? You were screaming like crazy."

I sighed. "You know my life isn't easy Paul. I've seen so many of my friends die, at this point I've honestly stopped caring if I stay alive."

"Perseus! Don't speak like that!"

You know I can almost imagine I'm in English class right now.

"Sorry Paul. But...my flaw is loyalty. If I have a way to save somebody I love, I'll do it. No matter if I die. If I died protecting my friends, I would die happy. But I'm alive. And my friends aren't. So I'm...not exactly happy."

He pulled me against him in a hug before kissing the top of my head. "You still have us Percy. And your dad. And I don't think he's going anywhere anytime soon."

Then he pulled away from the hug. "You're sure it was just your 'allergy' right? You aren't sick?"

I rolled my eyes. "Can't get sick."

"Right..."

I sighed and leaned back against him.

"You know, you're better at this than my dad will probably ever be."

"Percy please don't talk like that. I don't want to end up cursed,or dead, or mutilated, or really whatever else he'd do to me."

"Chill, he's not that bad. Honestly you get mad with one dude and make his wife fall in love with a bull and suddenly-okay yeah. I can see it."

"Besides. I don't think I could compete with your father. I'm sure he's a very capable parent."

"Not exactly."

"He's a god." Paul whispered.

"Exactly."

Welp.

So...

Ships?

And...

Poseidon's nondemigod children that are the calmer portion of the ocean had kids and eventually you got fairies.

And unicorns are closer to Poseidon...cause we all know incest runs deep in Greek Myths

Anyway

see yah