13

This time, we made it back to the house. I stumbled into the yard, past the barn and fell into the pool. Well almost fell is closer to the truth.

The water rose up and kept me upright, before solidifying under my feet.

I made my way to the door and opened it. I barely made it to the couch before collapsing. The flower gently drifted to the floor.

Nico was laying on top of me, passed out. He didn't even make it till we got to the pond.

I sighed and stayed how I was, not wanting to bother him. Instead, I ran my fingers through his hair. He was breathing more evenly and his grip on me had loosened.

He mumbled in his sleep, shifting to press his face into my chest. There were two reasons I didn't shove him away.

The first one was he's hurt. The second...

I swear he mumbled something about his mom.

So I just laid there and let him sleep. Soon enough I could feel myself getting tired. A miracle considering everything that's happened tonight.

My eyes quickly closed and I passed out.

I woke when Nico moved off of me. I was groggy and only half aware but I could still hear him hyperventilating and I could vaguely see him running his pale hands through his hair.

A scattered word left his lips, only to be interrupted by a sob.

"Neeks? You okay?" I sat up, suddenly wide awake.

He nodded and his cries were muffled as he covered his mouth.

My shoulders fell and I reached forward. My hand rested lightly on his face before I pulled him into a hug.

Nico curled into me, not even bothering to hide his crying.

After a few minutes of unsuccessfully trying to soothe him, I stood. I kept him close to me as I walked to the bedroom where Mom and Paul were.

"Mom." I shifted Nico to one arm, frowning slightly since he seemed too light. I shook my mom.

Her eyes snapped open and she shot into a sitting position. "Percy? What's wrong?"

Nico was plopped onto her lap and he immediately hugged my mom.

"Nico?" She whispered, confused.

"I went for a walk cause I couldn't sleep and he kinda showed up. I gave him some nectar but I might ask Bracken to take a look at him."

Mom glared at me overtop of Nico. She pressed a kiss to the top of his head...Before looking back up at me.

"You could have gotten hurt!"

I pressed my lips together and looked away. "You know I don't care about that.

"Don't remind me. Now come here." She patted the space between her and Paul.

A sigh escaped my lips and I crawled onto the bed. I didn't go where Mom wanted, instead crawling under the blanket and moving close to Paul.

My forehead was pressed to his chest, my arms wrapped around him.

Thankfully Mom was too busy with Nico to do much else. She couldn't fuss over me, she couldn't ask me questions that I don't want to answer.

Mom sighed and the bed moved and creaked as she stood, guiding Nico back out to the living room.

The moment the door latched, Paul's arm wrapped around me.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, I just wish Mom would lay off a bit."

"You know she just wants to help you."

"All she's doing is annoying me. I love her but it's so godsdamn annoying." I sighed and moved my arms, running a hand through my hair.

That's why I like Paul. He thought he knew what was going on with me, but he didn't really treat me differently. Even now that he knows, he's still treating me much more normally than both Mom and Dad.

Paul rolled onto his back before pulling me up so I was in a similar position as Nico was in when he was laying on me.

"Just get some sleep Percy. You keep waking up and we both know you're going to be miserable in the morning."

I knew he was right, but I still didn't want to sleep. Seeming to know that, he sat up.

I whined softly, looking up at him. He pulled me up so I was sitting on his lap before pulling me into a tight hug.

One of his hands gently rubbed the back of my neck while the other ran through my hair.

My eyelids started drooping and Paul rested his chin on top of my head, gently humming.

I smiled. It quickly faded when the door opened and Mom sat back down.

"Nico is asleep on the couch." She said.

I didn't say anything. Instead I just shifted in Paul's grip. He leaned back, but kept humming and trying to get me to fall asleep. Even as Mom started trying to talk to me, my eyes were closing and my body was relaxing.

Paul moved me so I was between him and Mom. He pulled the blanket overtop of me and tucked it around me before pressing a kiss to my forehead.

One of his arms was slung over me while Mom kept a careful distance between us.

She probably doesn't know how I'll react to her. And I can't say I blame her.

I've been...off putting I guess is the word for it.

But I don't know how else to deal with any of this.

Imma be honest.

I finished this at 11:16 last night.

So it's kinda crap and I have no idea what's going on in this

So...

Hope you enjoyed

And

Ideas?

And...

See yah