9

My shoulders dropped as Mom covered her mouth with her hand.

"Percy..."

Dad sighed, pulling me back against him. "I don't even understand everything behind this and I hate it. I'm a god and I can't protect you. It makes me...it makes me mad."

Tears fell down Mom's face and she hugged me, arms between me and Dad.

Meanwhile I'm just kinda sitting here, mostly wanting this to stop.

"Can you let me go?" I eventually questioned.

"No." Dad mumbled, pressing a kiss to my head. "Not until you tell her...us everything."

I started shaking harder than I was earlier, flashes of memories coming into my mind.

"Too many deaths." I mumbled, trying to move closer to Dad.

"English." He prompted.

I shook my head. "Do you want to know or not?"

"Fine..."

I took a deep breath.

"In the Pit, Annabeth and I were trying to get to the Doors of Death. We had to do some stuff and...I drowned a goddess in her own poison."

Dad was completely silent, his arms dropping from around me.

"I promised to never use that power again and I haven't but if I would have, I could have save them, all of them."

My hands grabbed his shirt and I pressed myself against him, Mom finally releasing me.

After a minute, Dad placed a hand on the back of my head. He still didn't say anything, but he really didn't have to.

"Aunt Sal- Who are you?"

Great, Kendra's here. And since she can see through the Mist...yay.

I could hear something and I shifted to see Bracken standing with a sword out infront of Kendra.

Double yay.

Dad pulled me closer to his chest, and I could feel the air get more humid.

"Is everything okay?"

Okay. How does everything keep getting worse?!

"Stay back, he's whatever damaged the barrier." Bracken glanced back at my mom's family.

"Hey guys, how about we all take a walk down to the pond?" I suggested, lightly elbowing Dad.

He took the hint and disappeared, a blank look settling over everyone but Kendra.

"That seems like a good idea." Bracken's sword turned into a horn that he handed to Kendra.

She slowly nodded, putting the horn in her hoodie's pocket. "Maybe we can have a picnic."

A smile stretched over my face and I nodded. "Yeah, just let me find a jacket or something."

Mom was the only one to stay. She pulled me close to her. "Tell me why." Mumbling, she rested her head on mine.

"It's not that simple Mom."

It's a whole mess of things...loyalty, deaths, what I've done...

Torture.

My body shook harshly but I pushed her away from me. "Let's go."

"Percy-"

I shook my head. "I'm not telling you. I  don't know what I would even say so can we just go out to the pond and pretend I'm happy?"

Without waiting for her, I walked away to join the others.

Paul wrapped an arm around me, thankfully not commenting.

"I'm ready. Let's go." Mom walked out.

"This way." Grandpa led us away into the woods.

As we walked, I leaned into Paul's side appreciating his silence.

I...

Sighing, I glanced into the treeline not wanting to get attacked by whatever lives here.

"Calm down, you're going to get them curious." Paul mumbled.

Mom was strangely silent, but...I mean, she has a reason to...I guess...

All too soon we arrived at the pond. Bracken gazed out at the small island situated in the middle before smiling and wrapping an arm around Kendra.

Swallowing, I shook my head, trying to push away thoughts of Annabeth.

Mom walked down to the edge of the water and knelt down, eyes closed. I'm willing to bet she's talking to Dad.

"Sally be careful dear. You might fall in." Grandma warned, but Mom paid no attention.

"Isn't it nice here?" Seth looked at me.

I nodded. "It's really peaceful here. The animals add to the beauty."

"I'm going to go talk to Bracken for a little bit." Paul patted my shoulder before walking over to the unicorn.

"So uh...do you have a boyfriend?" Seth looked at me.

"Girlfriend." I didn't even look at him, my gaze still scanning the trees. Something feels like it's going to go wrong.

Which I know that feeling all too well. The feeling that everything you planned is going to fall apart.

You know, that's pretty similar to how this whole trip is going so why wouldn't I?

"What's her name?"

"Annabeth. She's...she's dead." I wrapped my arms around myself.

I still see her...I still see her beautiful eyes lose their light, her hair matted with her crimson blood.

The mess of her intestines after a monster gutted her...

Shuddering I shook my head, looking over to my grandparents, who were looking at my mom in worry.

"Do you come out here a lot?"

"No." Seth responded. "Grandpa has this thing against coming out here. Has to do with a contract or something like that."

A sigh escaped my lips. Don't think he'll be giving me much to work with, shadowwalker or not.

"Hey Mom?"

Mom looked up at me, opening her mouth to speak. But before she could say anything, hands reached up from the water and pulled her in.

Well

It's been a while.

But... ideas?

And. .

I'm tired  and I don't want to go to bed!!!

Ugh...

See yah