Chapter 6

Layla's POV

It's Monday now and I'm still working on getting into William's computer. He has it really protected. I worked on it all weekend and I'm only halfway to getting into his computer. I sigh and get ready for school. My body still aches, but it's a lot better thanks to my werewolf healing. I walk to school and as soon as I see it, my breathing quickens. 

Crap! If I don't calm down, I'll start having a panic attack. I get my breathing under control and walk up to the school. I spot Nick and the group. Ashley spots me first and glares at me. I look down at the ground and walk into the school. 

In first hour, my stomach starts hurting. It's not bad at first, but then it starts to become excruciating. The teacher gives us a free day and people start chatting. Ashley comes up next to me and taps me on my arm, hard.

"What's your deal?"

"Nothing,"I tell her, wrapping my arm around my waist to try to stop the pain. Derek must've really hurt me this time for it to hurt like this.

"It can't be nothing. You made my brother so happy. You know that he was planning on leaving after graduation to try to find his mate. Against my father's wishes. That's how devoted he is to his mate. Then you came and he was so happy that he finally found you. At first you ignored him and then you play with him. That's not cool. He's my brother and I need you to make up your mind. You can't just- hey!"

I push past her and run out of the classroom, to the bathroom. Running into a stall, I throw up, barely making it to the toilet. Oh crap! I just threw up blood. Someone comes into the bathroom, so I shut my stall door.

"Layla,"Ashley calls out. "Are you okay?" 

"Yeah,"I croak and then instantly start coughing up blood. I grab some toilet paper and clean up, exiting the bathroom after flushing the toilet. Ashley is standing there with a concerned look on her face. 

"Are you sure?"she asks again.

"Yes, now leave me alone,"I snap. Her concerned look fades away, instantly replaced by anger.

"What the hell?"she screams. "What is wrong with you? Seriously. Are you just naturally a bitch and you hid it so that you could string Nick along?"

"Shut up,"I growl, my wolf mad that she would even think such a thing. "You don't understand."

"Then help me understand."

I look away. "I can't. Now please, leave me alone."

"Fine,"Ashley snaps. She moves and I go back to first hour. I go into a daze for the rest of the classes before lunch. I debate not going into the cafeteria, but I know I have to. Who knows how long it will be before I'll get to eat again? As soon as I walk into the lunch room, Nick and the rest of them stare at me. All of them, except for Nick, are glaring at me. Nick just looks sad. My chest aches because Nick is hurting and because I am causing it.

I grab my lunch and sit at an empty table. Instead of sitting there eating my lunch alone, looking pathetic, I pull out my phone. I'll keep working on getting into Mr. Hill's computer. I've decided to call him that so that I can keep some distance. That way, whatever I find, it doesn't change my view of him. I only want to think of the man that was so nice to me, even if I only met him once.

By the end of lunch, I'm close to getting into his computer. When I get home, Derek's not there. He's probably at the bar. I run upstairs and start working on hacking into Mr. Hill's computer. Screw homework. At around 5, I finally get into his computer. I instantly find the folder that Nick was wanting and I download it. As it's downloading, I read it. 

It starts off with just talking about putting Nick as the future Alpha of the pack and then later it starts talking about the Moonlight pack. I've never heard of them. It says that they are helping them find the Luna's daughter so that they can unite the packs. They don't have much to go on except for the father's name. Derek Morrison. 

As soon as I read that, I almost pass out. That would mean that I'm the Luna of the Moonlight pack's daughter. I stop reading there and I email Nick, saying that I have the folder and that he could send the money anytime. After he pays me and I send him the folder, I try to go to bed. I can't though. 

After an hour of twisting and turning, I pull up the Moonlight pack's list of members. Rose Adams is listed as Luna. I click on her name and it pulls up a picture. I cover my mouth with my hand, trying to stop from sobbing. My mother has her arm around a man's waist and she is smiling. I zoom in on her face. Her eyes are just like mine and her hair. Derek would always say how I look just like her. Ugly. She's not though. She's the most beautiful person that I have ever seen. 

I quickly pull up her email and I start writing a letter to her.

Dear Mrs. Adams,

I can't tell you who I am, but I would love to hear about your daughter and how you were separated from her. I've heard so many stories, but I don't believe any of them. I want to know what exactly happened. I know that you have no reason to tell me, but if you tell me the absolute truth, I will help you find her. You've probably heard that many times before, but I really can find her. In fact, I know where she is. You help me, I help you.

Sincerely,

Anonymous. 

I send that letter as soon as I write it so that I don't have time to chicken out. I wait for hours, pacing my room. Finally, 4 hours later, she answers. I take a deep breath and open it.