Chapter 25

Brynn's POV

I tap my foot nervously as Ethan and I head to the coffee shop. I knew as soon as I saw Layla, that I needed to listen to what she had to say. She has Violet eyes like me and that's a very rare thing so I was curious about them. I was very mad when she told me her father stayed with her until I heard about what he did. I had only just met Layla, but the sadness that was in her eyes when she told me, made me want to hug her.

I can tell that she's a lot older than she looks by the wisdom in her eyes. You can see how much that she's been through and the toll it all took on her. I bet that if I were to see any photos of her as a kid, it would be the same. She never got to be a kid. That probably explains why she got married so quickly. That and she united the packs.

"I'm nervous to see them,"Ethan states making me look over at him in confusion. "Most mates that are forced into a marriage hate each other. They may feel a physical attraction to each other, but if they don't love each other, then the mate bond won't matter." I smile at my nerdy husband. Ethan is a marriage counselor for werewolves because mates wanting to get divorced, happens way to often. His parents getting divorced is the main reason he's a marriage counselor.

"It's going to be so awkward if they hate each other."

"They probably do, honey. I would be surprised if they didn't." I nod and we pull into the parking lot. Ethan walks over to my side of the car and opens the door for me. After 3 years of marriage, he still does this for me. I love him so much. We walk into the coffee shop and I look for Layla.

I don't see her, but a tall man with light brown hair, walks toward us.

"HI, I'm Nick. You must be Brynn and Ethan." I nod and Nick leads us to the table. "Layla went to call her mom to check on T....the pack." I frown at his obvious lie. What was he going to say in the first place?

"It's nice to meet you,"Ethan says, shaking Nick's hand, sizing him up. I love my husband, but Nick would take him down in a fight in a second. Ethan has almost no muscle to him at all, even for a werewolf. I see Nick look at something behind me and he beams.

"Hi, baby,"he says, pulling out her chair and then kissing her. I look at Ethan and he just shrugs. So far, it looks like Ethan was wrong.

"How is sh- the pack?"Nick once again changes what he was going to say.

"Good. A little cranky though." That makes both Ethan and I to widen our eyes, even more confused. "So how are you guys?"

"Good. Just excited to meet the husband that we have heard nothing about." I slap Ethan for that, but Nick and Layla just laugh.

"Yeah, sorry I didn't tell you more about him. I just wanted to hurry on home to help him. So how did you and Ethan meet?" I want to ask her about what she had to help him with, but Ethan answers her question first.

"I was in college, working my way to be a marriage counselor and was doing late night studying and had to get coffee. I literally ran into her and spilled coffee all over her. We started dating after that and got married two years later." Layla laughs, confusing me.

"Nick and I actually ran into each other too." Ethan and I laugh and Layla continues. "It was my first day of school and I ran into Nick, while heading to math. I knew that he was my mate, but I didn't say anything. I met his sister and the rest is history."

"So did you guys start dating soon after?"I ask and Layla looks sadly at Nick, making me wonder what happened.

"Um, no. I didn't want to take that chance with my father so I tried to stay away from him. After I found my mom, I agreed to unite the packs, not knowing that Nick was the one that I would be marrying. I just thought that I blew all my chances with him."

"Lucky for us though, we got to be together and are very happy." Nick finishes and grabs Layla's hand.

"That's so sweet,"I tell them, knowing that they probably went through more than most people ever have.. "I was wondering if I could meet your pack sometime?"

"Yes, of course,"Layla says and then Nick mouths something to her. Ethan and I look at them confused.

"So before you meet the pack, we need to tell you something. I was having a hard time not accidentally blurting it out earlier,"Nick tells us. Layla gets out her phone and show me a picture of a baby with light brown hair and violet eyes.

"This is our daughter, Taylor." My jaw drops open. "She's a month old and is the sweetest thing."

"She's adorable. I want to meet her as soon as possible,"I tell them, excited to learn that I have a niece even if Layla is really young to be a mother.

"You can come over today, if you would like." I nod and we follow Nick and Layla in our car. When we pull up to their house, my jaw drops open again. It's so beautiful. I watch as Layla runs into the house as Nick waits for us.

"She's going to make sure Taylor's not asleep,"he explains and we walk to the front door. I'm so surprised at how mature that Nick and Layla are. I mean, they have a freaking kid. I take a deep breath and walk into the house, not sure what to expect.