Chapter 33

Kellin's POV:
Ever since Vic and I got engaged only a few days ago, we've been acting like a new couple again. We've been acting head over heels for each other, which is just what we are. I've been completely love struck, clinging onto my boyfriend as often as I possibly can.

Vic has been working as per usual, which kind of sucks sometimes, but I mean, we need the money to survive. And now when there will soon be a wedding to plan, I'm starting to consider even more if I should be getting my own job as well.

For now I am still home every day, but I have actually been applying for some jobs in stores close by the apartment, after talking with Vic about it. And being the amazing boyfriend that he is, he told me that if it's what I want to do, he supports it fully.

From tomorrow and a couple of days forward, Vic won't be working though. He has taken a few days off from work and the two of us will be flying down to San Diego together. Vic had promised his family after last time that he wouldn't let it pass so much time before coming to visit again.

I still haven't met his parents, Mike and Tony being the only ones I've actually met. Even if Vic and I have been together for two years now, I've never gotten around to meet his parents. I know they want us to come down for Christmas to celebrate with them, even if that is multiple months away from now.

So now, with the engagement and all, Vic and I figured we should tell them in person. So tomorrow, we will be flying down there, and yes, I'm nervous as hell. Considering how amazing Vic is and how nice Mike is as well, I'm sure they're great people.

But I have never met a boyfriend's parents before, not like this. Sure I met Oli's parents when we were together, but that was never in such a serious matter as it is now. And I sure as hell haven't met my fiancés parents before, hoping for them to approve of the person their son has proposed to.

I've packed almost everything I think that I will need for the trip to San Diego, bringing mostly summer clothes considering how I'm expecting the weather to be. I put down one more piece of clothing that I had been considering if I really wanted to bring or not, but now feel like I do.

The sound of keys jiggling in the lock brings me out of my packing and I rush to the hallway just in time to throw myself into Vic's arms. I wrap my legs around his waist, forcing him to hold me up as he locks the door again behind him.

Once he's turned to me again, I press my lips eagerly to his. I can practically feel Vic rolling his eyes at me before he kisses me back nonetheless, moving his lips against mine.

"I missed you today," I say, pouting at my boyfriend who just smiles at me.

"You've said that everyday of this week."

"That's because I have missed you all of the days this week. I like it when you're home with me. I've had to pack all alone these days, making me all nervous. I'm meeting your parents tomorrow and I've never even met them before, and what if they don't like me? And what if I've packed all the wrong things now? Maybe I need to pack more? Or less? What should I bring to San Diego? I've never been there before, what about-"

Vic cuts off my nervous rambling as he once again connects our lips. I melt into the kiss, letting out a deep breath through my nose as I feel myself relaxing a lot more, simultaneously realizing just how tense I was a moment ago.

Vic walks us over to the bedroom, dropping me off at the foot of the bed, my body bouncing against the soft surface. After hanging away his bag he walks over to my suitcase, opening it and begins to look through it.

"Babe, this packing will be absolutely fine. You have nothing to worry about, okay?" He sits down next to me, pulling me onto his lap as I look down onto my own lap where my hands are resting, fumbling nervously with my thumbs.