Cuddles (Huntress x Meg)

Hello there my darklings, I'm Scarlett Raine and I'll be writing this lovely chapter :3 enjoy

~Meg's POV~

I just finished the generator, and I was in pain. She chased me, all through the trees, the shrubs, the abandoned house.

She cut my side with her hatchet and I fell out the window of the second story. I can still feel her piercing eyes, clawing away at my little shred of existing courage.

I was snapped from my thoughts when I heard the gate open. Slowly, I looked up from behind the generator.

I saw the chance to escape.

My eyes traveled the Dwight standing there, looking back at me, I was the last one. I got up and I started to run.

A chill ran through my body as I heard her song. The slow, childish singing.

I was closer, clutching my bleeding side, my calves cramping from all the running. Then I heard her footsteps, and her loud beating heart.

Panic filled Dwight's eyes and he turned away from me, running away.

My heart broke, as I watched him leave. I entered the small alley-like space but I tripped, letting out a loud whine.

She stopped behind me. I heard her song stop, and her slow breathing echoed in my eyes. With trembling arms I slowly began crawling to freedom, though I knew I was dead.

I heard someone yell my name from the distance, but it was cut off by my own cries. She picked me up and threw me over her broad shoulder.

I struggled and cried but eventually went limp, allowing myself to sob. I pounded my fists against her back a little as I cried out. I saw her dirty shirt turning red from wound.

She walked by every single one of the sacrificial hooks, and walked to the house. Inside there were candles, and a table. In the corner was a small bed with a pillow and a small old stuffed bear, missing an arm.

The Huntress set me down in a chair and looked down at me, her height intimidating me.

She set the hatchet on the table and kneeled in front of me. My entire body shook as her eyes met mine.

They were doe eyes, big and brown with a hint of innocence but they were filled with lies.

She looked at my face, at the tears that ran down them. Slowly, she sat down in front of me, still almost eye level.

A soft voice was heard as she mumbles to herself, a language I didn't understand. It sounded Russian, but I only heard a little.

"A-Are you going to kill me?" I asked, my voice trembled like a child's.

She tilted her head, looking at me in thought. Her hand slowly rose from her lap.

Her finger pointed to herself, and she said hoarsely, "Anna."

My heart was pounding, and I slowly stuttered out, "Your name.. is Anna?"

She kept her finger pointed at herself, "Anna."

Her finger pointed at me and she tilted her head, as though asking who I was. Slowly I pointed a finger to myself.

"M-Meg," I said.

"Meg," she said slowly.

I nodded and said it again, "Meg."

She nodded and slowly put her hand back on her lap. We sat in silence, I was so scared.