Kate x Dwight

Hey guys! Safaia Tsuki again, bringing you another oneshot <3 I know its not really too accurate in the dbd universe, but just go with it haha.

Requested by: Nightmarezfool I hope you enjoy ♡^▽^♡

Kate Denson was a brand new survivor in their fairly small group, and it seemed everyone was transfixed with the girl, bringing her into the group swiftly and trying to teach her the ways of their life. The one person who caught Kate's attention amongst the group, though, was one particular scrawny brunette; Dwight Fairfield. Dwight definitely noticed Kate, but only spoke to the girl when instructing her how to do something.

This made Kate even more curious about the man, as she had heard the stories of everyone but him. Everyone but him was so eager to speak to her. In truth, Dwight was afraid of the new girl. She was definitely not like the other five girls. She was way more... mature. And not in the old way like Laurie. The other guys definitely noticed it too, but he wasn't sure about the girls because he didn't hang around them as much when they were having their "girl talks".

Anyway, they had just escaped and gotten back to the camp when Meg came and told Dwight that his presence was demanded by dear Katie. Dwight, being the sensible man he is, immediately stopped what he was doing to find out why he might be needed by the girl. Dwight went to her tent cautiously, wondering if this was a prank by the other survivors. However, when he got into the tent and it was only Kate, he relaxed a bit.

"Zip the door," Kate ordered quietly. Dwight did so and sat down next to the small sleeping bag. She was drunk and it was painfully obvious. At the campsite, food and drinks would appear to keep survivors alive between trials, and they often would just get blackout drunk in order to go to sleep, especially if the survivor was relatively new. It wasn't a good coping mechanism, but it was used anyway.

Dwight was cautious when assessing the situation. He figured it wouldn't hurt anyone to stay and chat for a bit, since he could probably also get even more drunk with her. She offered him the bottle of whiskey she had sitting next to her sleeping bag, and he gratefully took it, chugging some down. Not long after, they were laying together just talking and sharing thoughts, giggling and laughing like old friends would. 

Kate smiled gently at her new friend, a tinge of sadness hiding behind her eyes. She could smell the sourness of his breath, and couldn't help staring into his shadowed eyes. Her lamp was getting low on oil, casting a faint orange glow on their bodies. She couldn't remember how long they had been laying like this together. How long they had just sat talking and finally getting to know each other. 

She couldn't help but find the moment bittersweet, as it filled her with memories of old times. Before she was brought here. Times when she would sit with her friends and just live like there was no tomorrow, drinking and dancing the night away in their boots. Dwight didn't have the same memories, but was filled with happiness and excitement for being able to finally experience the feeling of being accepted and having not a care in the world. The feeling of not having to hide himself.

Kate, knowing she wouldn't be this ballsy if she wasn't drunk, slowly leaned into Dwight. He looked slightly frightened, but didn't move away and, surprisingly enough, was the one who closed the gap. The kiss was slow at first, hesitant even, and had a slow burn until Kate was straddling Dwight, on top of him with her fingers in his hair. It was Dwight who finally drew the line, pulling away gasping for air. He knew if they didn't stop they would get into something much heavier and, with how drunk they were and how loud they would be, didn't want to put everyone else through that.

After settling down and composing themselves, Dwight and Kate crawled into the sleeping bag together, snuggled close together with Dwight's arm around her waist and her head buried in his chest. There would obviously be some questioning looks in the morning when they exited the tent, but they didn't care about that as they whispered an 'I love you' to each other and fell asleep, the faint glow of the lamp still casted on them.

Haha that was rough, I know, but we made it! 700+ words, probably my longest one. Anywho, I wanted this to be more fluff so if you want some schmut just comment. Also, we are taking requests but they will come when they come so please be patient, we can be slow. Anyway, Safa out! <( ̄︶ ̄)>