Stay (Hillbilly x Claudette)

Thank you all so much for reading our first few one-shots. I'll be writing this requested story :) ~Scarlett Raine

~Claudette's POV~

I couldn't find the hatch. The stupid hatch.

Two people were gone, they ran, and Meg.. oh Meg, she's gone. He killed her, he sacrificed her.

My legs came to a stop when I saw him looking around. But this time he was somewhat moping.

I trembled, quickly crouching behind a tree. My breathing was heavy and I covered my mouth, trying to be quiet.

His heavy footsteps wandering around a little before he walked to the falling apart shack.

Without thinking, I quietly followed him watching him walk down to the basement. I stopped at the top of the stairs and bit my lip.

I can escape, right now. With a shaky head I pushed up my glasses and quietly crept to the doorway.

That's when I saw it, the hatch. A few yards away, opened.

My heart stopped and I smiled widely, "I'm free."

I lifted my foot but before I could finish my step I heard a distorted voice cry out, "I'm sorry, mama!"

I gripped the doorway so I wouldn't make noise. It came from the basement.

A sign left my lips as I slowly crept down the stairs, and into the basement. He was sitting there, back turned to me, his hammer on the ground.

"I'm sorry," he said again.

His voice was rough, thick, and he sounded.. different.

Suddenly he growled, "Not sorry, not mama!"

He threw his hammer against the wall and groaned. I felt sad, I felt sorry.

I didn't know the story behind him, but he must have motherly issues.

Suddenly he turned around and looked at me, I froze. My heart was beating fast, and I began to tremble.

I was dead.

He didn't move, he just stared at me.

My head tilted down slightly, a sign I learned which means I don't plan on fighting for dominance of any sorts. But, it was a mistake and my glasses slid off my nose.

I gasped as I heard them hit the floor. My knees grew weak from fear.

I was blind and he was watching me. Desperately, I began to look around the blurry world, trying to find their shape.

"Need to see?" I heard him ask.

Shakily I felt myself nod.

His heavy footsteps advanced towards me and I felt his presence. Suddenly my world was clear as he set my glasses on my face.

I blinked and looked up at him, "You're not.. gonna kill me?"

He slowly shook his head, "No point.. only disappoint."

I felt my heart grow heavier as he looked down. His face was so deformed, yet you can still see the sadness in him.

"that's.. not true," I said, attempting to comfort him for some reason.

He shook his head and sat back down, his back turned to me.

"Go.. Nobody wants here," he said.

My shakey legs walked over to him and sat down. I looked up at him and he slowly looked at me.

"I'll stay here," I said, my voice shaking.

He tilted his head, "Why?"

"You seem.. lonely. And I know you don't mean harm," I said, not believing a word coming out of my own mouth.

"I am. No mama, no papa.. never. Face is scary," he said, getting upset again at the mention of his parents.

My hand slowly patted his shoulder, "Hey.. it's okay. Your going to be okay."

He looked at me and pulled me into a sudden hug. I tensed up and slowly hugged him back, subconsciously patting his shoulder.

"Stay," he said.

I didn't want to upset this lonely soul, but I wanted to live.

"Okay.. I'll stay," I said, fixing my glasses.

He almost purred as he hugged me tighter, yet gently, not enough to hurt me.

"Thank you," he said, still holding me.

I smiled, "It's okay, you don't have to thank me. So.. what's your name?"

"Max Thompson.. Jr," he said.

I ever so gently cupped his deformed face, no longer feeling terror. He leaned into my touch and purred once again.

"I like it, Max," I said.

"Claudette?" He asked.

A smile formed and I nodded, "Yes that's me."

His cheeks moved and he slowly smiled, a smile that made my heart melt. I slowly laid my head on his shoulder as he gently rocked with me in his arms.

I should be scared, I should be screaming and running away, but I can't bring myself to.

He kept me in his arms until he slowly got up and walked to his small farm house. There was a mattress, and he laid me on the cleanest part.

"Sleep?" He asked, sitting next to me.

My eyes drooped slightly and I nodded taking off my glasses and setting them next to me.

"Stay?" He asked once more with a worried tone.

"Yes, I'm staying." I said, getting comfortable on the mattress.

He put an old blanket over me and made sure I was covered.

It's hard to believe that this man is seen as a monster.

Hello there my darlings :))

So I hope you enjoyed it, I'm very sorry that it's somewhat similar to my last one. But I still made it different at least :)