Handkerchief

-Tom-

I watched Emma walk gracefully up the stage with the other main characters. Each was prepared to give a speech. I watched Emma who was watching each speaker with rapture. Her attention never wavered. My stomach twisted. There was a time Emma used to look at me like that. There was also a time I used to pay back the gesture and never leave her side.

That was a long time ago.

I watched her tear up as Daniel began to speak. She wrapped him up in a big hug when Daniel was finished and Tom felt a pang in his chest. He would have so loved to have a big Emma Watson hug. The one's she was famous for on set.

It was finally her turn. She addressed each of the boys with tearful faces. The sight of her tear stricken face hurt me to the point where I wanted to cry. Oh how I  wished I could be there with her. I wished he could be the one comforting her, not Dan not Rupert. 

Yet alas, wishes never come true. You have to make them.

-Emma-

I could hardly breathe as we left the stage. Dan lead me since I was too blinded by tears and felt a cold hand on my shoulder. I blinked and there was Tom offering me his handkerchief from his suit. I looked surprised at him and he looked back at me with a stoic expression. He nodded his head to me, took Jade's hand and walked away. Leaving me confused as ever. I looked down at the cloth to see a scribbled note on it. I tucked it into my handbag to read later and proceeded to enter the dark theater where I would be met with the most disastrous of goodbye's to my childhood.