Chapter 1

*Nicole Pov*

What am I doing in this school in the first place? I want to go home, but... but Mom will not listen to me. With that conversation going on I tried to ignore the students around me trying to bully me.

"Hey! What are you doing to her? Leave her alone!" I heard those words and turned to see a girl nearly my age walking near to me and they all scrambled away immediately making me frown.

"Why are you letting them bully you?" she demanded with a frown of her own and I felt like maybe she will even bully me after knowing the truth and everyone are scared of her too.

"I..." I couldn't reply, to which she sighed and started playing with her nails but still waited for my reply.

"I have a better question. Why are they bullying you?" she asked and I know for sure she must be elder than me because I don't think any twelve year old kid will talk like this.

"Well?" she asked, raising her eyebrows.

"Because my Dad left me." I replied, knowing well she will not leave it and took a step back to leave still holding my teddy.

"So? Even my Mom left me, but I didn't let them bully me. Don't worry! I will make sure they will not do it again." Saying that she turned to walk away.

"Wait!" I called her and rushed to her.

"I am Nicole and you can call me Nic." I said smiling a little.

"I am Neville and you can call me Nev if I like you later." She said nodding at me.

"If?" I mumbled frowning.

"Yeah! At present I don't like you, but I don't hate you so it is fine, but if I like you later then only you can call me Nev." Saying that she started walking and I walked with her.

"We will meet later?" I asked her and she nodded.

"If you are the new kid then you are in my class." She replied and now I know we both are of the same age.

"My Mom married recently and that's why I have to come here." I mumbled, still feeling sad to leave all my friends because of that man whom my Mom married.

"My Mom got married long back and even my Dad." She said and I stared at her with a frown.

"And you are happy?" I asked her frowning feeling even more confused.

"They don't deserve my thoughts." She replied and finally waved at a few students before holding my hand.

"Now, everyone will know you are my friend and they will leave you alone." She added.

"No! I will fight them myself this time." I said and took my hand away.

If she can be fine then I can definitely be fine. With that thought I turned to search for those students earlier and glared at them.

"You can call me Nev." She finally said when I turned to look at her, to which I finally smiled feeling happy.

"Come! We will go to class and I sit at the end so you can sit with me." With that she held my hand again and started walking and I followed her smiling.

After a few years

"Nic! Don't drink that much." Nev said making me put the glass down.

"Baby! We are finally graduates. I can't believe this." I shouted and lifted the glass again.