Chapter 8

*Nicole Pov*

"Finally!" I whispered clearing the last particles and smiled looking at the small article we found today morning.

I just sat before it trying to not disturb anything if it is too delicate and I don't know what time it is but all I know is we finally had one important achievement and I am sure we will achieve more.

"Is it done?" I screamed, but concentrated on holding on to the article so that I will not let it slip from my hands.

Otherwise all the work will go into drainage or shall I say into the desert. I took a deep breath and glanced to my side to see Ali standing there along with Rahim.

Then I glanced to my other side to see the team looking at me. I sighed and placed the article carefully before standing up.

"It's a success." I said, smiling at my team who cheered, except one before walking off.

Then I glanced at Ali expecting him to be happy but all he is giving a blank expression. I smiled at Rahim, who smiled back and walked off.

"What happened?" I asked, frowning at Ali.

"From when were you sitting here before this?" he asked back.

"I don't know how many hours, but the moment I got freshen up, one of the team member informed me about this and I immediately came here." I replied shrugging.

"Had breakfast?" he asked, folding his arms.

"I will have it now." I replied smiling.

"Now? What? Tomorrow's breakfast?" he asked and I frowned at him.

"Huh?" I don't know what is he even talking about.

"It's nearly dinner time and here you thinking about having breakfast." When he uttered those words I glanced around to see that it is near to dark.

"I just forgot the time and it happens." I mumbled shrugging and started walking towards my tent holding the article carefully feeling my legs gone too stiff.

And he just followed me silently without saying anything else. Why is he irritated just because I forgot the time? I shook my head and entered the tent only to stop in my tracks.

"What. Is. This?" I asked no one but just wanted to ask out loud.

Then I looked around thinking maybe I entered a wrong tent, but I can see my suitcase in the corner and so this is my tent.

"Food!" hearing the reply I turned around to see Ali is standing behind me with a frown covering his features.

"This is called food?" I asked, walking inside while staring at the little bed setting composed of pillows and a big tray filled with so many items that I don't know whether this is for whole camp or something.

"I was informed about your finding and I immediately called you, but Rahim lifted the phone. I stayed quiet after ordering him to make you call me whenever you are free. But no matter how many times I called, he continued to say that you are still busy." He explained and I nodded.

"He said that because I was actually busy." I mumbled and he nodded back.

"However, I was angry thinking you must be taking breaks, but still didn't call me. So, I came here and asked the same to Rahim and he informed me that you didn't have any food and didn't take any break. I immediately asked for the food from the palace to be delivered here." He ended his explanation but I still frowned.

"That doesn't explain all this arrangement." I mumbled frowning more not feeling comfortable.

"I asked them to send my dinner too. So, this could be the result of that." He said walking near to me and placed his hands on my shoulders.