Chapter 9

*Ali Pov*

"What do you mean my wife and son?" I asked him, frowning not understanding his words.

"Before your incident, you went to India and married a girl there and when you came here she was already pregnant." He explained which confused me even more.

"India?" I asked him, frowning more.

"If I have a wife, then why is she not here?" I asked the main question to which he smiled.

"We let her stay there until you regain your memory. And she is not some special breed so we already have a thought of getting you marry another woman suitable for this kingdom." He replied leaning back.

"Who are these 'We'?" I asked and glanced to his side to stare at his minister who is looking down.

"Here is the photo of them. We continued to keep them in our surveillance for your sake." He said, placing a photo before me where I can see a woman and a boy laughing while having ice cream.

"I have a wife and son... when did this happened?" I asked, looking at the picture and took it into my hand.

"Just before you got kidnapped." He replied and I immediately stood up not able to bear all this anymore.

Everything is too much and I know I need to get away from here. I wish Nicole is here but... but I have a wife and a son.

When I reached the door to leave, his voice reached me ordering, "Either you get your wife and son here or else marry the one I choose. But that foreigner has no place in your life."

Ignoring his words, I walked off not sparing a glance at anything and reached the grounds of the Palace and continued to walk ignoring everything else around me.

*Nicole Pov*

"All men are just jerks." Nev stated and gulped down the drink in a one go.

"Not all men are." I mumbled and poured another round for her.

"Why are you not drinking?" she asked, frowning at me.

"I will just come and you continue." Saying that I walked off trying to call him again but he is not lifting the call.

And then suddenly there was a busy tone when I called the next time. When I was prepared for him to call me now as he got my calls until now, I didn't received for the next few minutes.

So, I tried to call again, but this time it was switched off. I fumed to myself and walked back near Nev who is sitting before the television.

I placed my unused glass near her so that she can pour some for me while saying, "All men are jerks."

"Amen to that." Saying that she poured like I wished and after some time we both reached the stage of feeling complete tipsy.

"You know Yash was supposed to be the perfect guy... but... he too has many other priorities. Is it... is it wrong to wish someone put me as a first priority?" she asked in a broken tone.

"You are my first priority." I replied, holding her hand and she smiled closing her eyes.

I still can't believe that she visited India to get to know her Mom, but in turn fell in love with a relative of her Mom and now here with a broken heart. The funny thing is that even that guy loves her, but he doesn't deserve her.

Well, then my problem is the least of it because we both don't love each other or anything. We just like each other and I need not feel bad for myself if such likeness didn't get a chance to become something else.