Chapter 24

*Ali Pov*

I know hearing my words everyone will think the same thing. However, I just don't want two people to think in that way.

I stepped towards her, but saw Harsha running away towards the kids. I was about to move towards him, but Jhanvi stopped me and walked in his direction.

"Nicole!" I said, walking near her, but she is staring at Harsha and nowhere else.

"What is going on? Why is everyone serious?" we all heard a new voice and turned to see an elderly couple walking towards us.

"You guys returned two days early. Was the trip not good?" Mridula asked, walking towards them.

"We were just missing home." The man replied and glanced at me.

"You must have taken after your Mother. I can't much of your Father in you." He said looking directly at me.

"Excuse me?" I asked him, frowning and everyone looked confused.

"You know his Father?" someone asked and he nodded.

"You remember I was talking about my old classmate who is the king of a small island. It is his Father, I was talking about." He replied and Nipuna immediately walked towards him.

"You mean the rules which are very rigid and which scares you, Dad?" she asked and he rolled his eyes but nodded.

"Your wish is fulfilled, Nipuna. You finally get to meet the people from there." Dilip said and I saw that everyone is looking at me with interest except for Jay, Kalpana and her husband.

I don't know what is going on and I don't want to know too. I know Nicole has so many questions and I want to answer them. But how can I talk to her with all these people?

Now, everyone looking at me that I don't think I will have any chance until we leave for our rooms.

"How is your Father doing?" that man asked walking towards me.

"Even my family used to be royalty serving people instead of government, but my Father worked out to remove all that with my Grandfather. Does your Father have any plans for that?" his words made me concentrate on him completely this time.

"Actually, I need to talk to you, Sir." I said staring at him.

"Sure! Right now?" he asked and I gave him a nod immediately.

"Why don't you take some rest?" his wife asked him, but he waved her off and gestured me to follow him.

When we walked into his study, he closed the door and sat down in his chair. I followed his suit and started thinking how to talk about this matter with him.

"What is it that you wanted to talk about?" he asked with a relaxed expression.

"You just said your Father and Grandfather worked to remove the monarchy. I am working on the same and I need a few suggestions so that I can be successful in it." I explained and he stared at me in shock.

"What is the reason for that? You seem to be sensible just for having the thought to remove your Father's rules. But why?" he asked, folding his arms.

"He doesn't deserve to have any more power. I need to make sure that happens before he can hurt anyone." I replied and he slowly nodded.

"You can achieve that, but it will take too much time. Maybe your son will be able to achieve that." His words definitely crunched the hope I felt after hearing his earlier words.

"However, you can still work on to hold the power in your hands and remove it from his." He added.

"I tried and finally succeeded in getting all the security and many officials to be on my side. But the council still hears him." I explained and he just nodded with a thoughtful look.