Chapter 19

*Nicole Pov*

"He must be scared." I scoffed at her words and continued to work without saying another word.

"Fine! How dare he say those words and leave you? He doesn't have any common sense. Happy now?" she added the last words laughing.

"I don't have any common sense. That's why I called you." I replied, moving my hand to cut her call.

"Wait! I am really confused about your problem. Are you mad at him for those words or because he rushed away not giving you any time to react?" Nev asked leaving all the teasing from her tone.

"I don't know!" I mumbled and stopped working.

"Well, ask him when he returns. Don't stress yourself like this. But just decide whether you want those words to be true or just be simply some silly words." After suggesting that she hung up and I just sighed.

"I will definitely take his opinion in this matter, but for me if it is not you then it will be no one."

I can still remember each and every word he uttered that day and just left before I can understand the meaning behind those words.

And from that moment onwards I am just thinking only about that. How should I react? Did he even mean those words to be like something special or were they just words?

Will he bring up the topic or should I ask him? How should I behave when he returns? Should I show my anger, or should I try to be completely normal?

God! I never had these many questions even while choosing my career or even my first boyfriend. But this one man is definitely making me old with all this thinking.

Maybe I can just be normal or at least try to be normal. Maybe this is not much important and I am the one dragging it like some bubblegum.

With that thought, I took a deep breath and continued my work which is to take another artifact we found yesterday.

The way everything is progressing, the work will finish within a few months and everyone can return to their homes. Even I can go back, but... I shook my head and this time completely concentrated on the work.

"Hey! Want to go for dinner?" I glanced up to see all my team members are standing there.

"We finished the work for today and we want to celebrate the progress too." Another added when I shook my head negatively.

"Are you planning to finish the whole work today?" Nisha asked raising her eyebrow.

"Are you really inviting me?" I asked back feeling surprised by her recent behavior.

She no longer taunts me or even trying to grab Ali's attention whenever he comes here. What made her change?

"She will come if she wants. Let's go, Nick." Saying that she walked off and he gave a small shrug still smiling before following her.

Oh! So, could he be the reason for her to not hate me anymore? I shrugged, not wishing to dwell into the matter and agreed to go with them.

What will I do sitting here except to think about him? At least now I can think of something else and who knows I can even enjoy this outing.

"Are you serious?" I asked Nick completely shocked.

"Yes! She actually proposed to me saying that she likes me. Now, we both are dating." He replied when we reached my tent.

"Thanks for walking to my tent even though that is not needed." I said smiling at him.

"She went, to her home and I wanted to talk to you before you have to find another shocked look by tomorrow." His words made me laugh.