Chapter 2

Before Ten years

*Abdullah Pov*

"Ali! The list of prospective brides have been made and sent by the kingdom council. Choose one if you want or else I will choose one for you." I stated passing the file towards him over the table.

However, he just sat there staring at me with a blank face before whispering, "I don't want any of them."

"Did you choose anyone by yourself? Let me know her details and I will decide whether she is suitable to be a queen for this kingdom or not." I said, hoping she is at least a princess of some small place.

"No! I don't want to marry at this age." He said, frowning at me and I felt my minister stiffening beside me.

"You are 21 years old, Ali. Why do you want to wait?" I asked, gesturing to the minister to keep calm.

"All my friends are still studying further and you want me to marry?" he asked standing up.

"I know! It was my mistake to send you to normal schools. I should have kept you within the kingdom, but your Mother was too stubborn. If she was here now..." before I can finish he slammed his hand on the table.

"Respect her at least when she is not in this world anymore. And I will not marry no matter what, you will do." With those parting words he walked off.

"Your Highness! We can talk to council for time and..." I stopped the minister with my hand while I continued to stare at the door.

"I am choosing the fifth princess in this file. I don't know her name but they have huge profits to give us." I ordered and stood up to walk near the window.

We need those funds now for my dream to come true. I didn't waste my time near council saying my Son wishes to marry just for him to reject the whole idea. If the council get's to know then I will be a fool.

Anyway, what can he do if everything is brought to him. Where can he go and change his fate? I thought with a smirk and took a sip of the wine.

"What?" I shouted after a few days.

"Prince Ali ran away from the kingdom and we are trying to search for him." Minister calmly informed and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"How do you know he ran away and not harmed?" to my query he passed a letter and I read it before throwing it away.

"No one should know about this. I will push the marriage little away, but search him and bring him back." I ordered and turned away to control the fury that is threatening to come out.

-After a few months-

"Pass the message outside the kingdom that I am ill." I said leaning back in my throne.

"Your highness! No matter what happens in this kingdom never passed the kingdom territory." Minister pointed out.

"About which I have full knowledge. Now, as I can see we have unfit people who can't even search for the missing prince, we will try this and I don't want any failure in this." I ordered narrowing my eyes at the minister.

If he was not good at the work he does I would have removed him long back for the doubts I have over him, but for now he should be here when my good for nothing son still didn't return to his rightful place to do what he is ordered to do.

"Finally you returned, Son." I said staring at the person before me while he frowned at me.

"I was told you are not feeling well." He said in a confused tone.