Chapter 17

*Nicole Pov*

"What are you doing here?" I asked, reaching him and he finally stopped his conversation with Nev's Grandfather before glancing at me.

"Don't say it! You both are talking about history again." I mumbled and he just smiled at me while Grandfather laughed.

"He has good knowledge about our history. You made a good choice." Saying that he walked off while I snorted hearing his words.

"You are my good choice because I was wishing to learn history?" I asked sarcastically and he just pulled me into his arms.

"Don't be jealous, Nicole. We will be leaving today night and I just wanted to let him know how much I admire that he taught me about the things which I can never learn reading any book." He explained pressing his lips to my cheek.

"And I think you don't have any right to be jealous after all the time we are spending at night in secret." He whispered the words making me jab his ribs.

"If anyone knows about that then Yash and Nev will be in trouble." I pointed out as a warning before leaning back in his hold.

I smiled at the stage where both of them are sitting while the priest is chanting away the words and these both seems like bickering about something.

"I enjoyed all this so much. It was very exciting for me." I expressed my feeling and he turned me around to stare at my face.

He didn't say a word, but just stared at me and it felt so good that I felt uncomfortable too and I just cleared my throat to come out of this.

"What was your experience? Of course, apart from the history lessons." I added the last part making him smile.

He glanced around us looking at the people and I followed his gaze to see him staring at the family members lost in their own world enjoying the wedding and of course the love birds still fighting but also trying to be cozy.

"I have attended these kind of weddings prior but this..." he trailed off before turning his gaze to my face.

"What?" I asked him curiously.

"This wedding felt like something special because of the bonding with the family members and their craziness." He replied caressing my cheek.

"And because of me?" I asked, raising my eyebrow to which he just chuckled.

"Come on! You have experienced these kind of weddings with your ex-wife and you are telling me this is special only because of the families?" I asked frowning and closed my eyes realizing what I just blurted out.

"We will talk later." I mumbled and moved away even though he tried to hold me with a frown covering his face.

After my best friend finally got married, I took her to the changing room so that she can change her attire before we go to the reception.

"What happened to you?" she asked when I am helping her with the hair.

"Nothing! And please concentrate on your wedding. How are you feeling finally to be a married woman?" I asked smiling at her.

"Actually, I thought I would feel nothing. I mean I am already living with him and his family, which is the only change that happens generally after marriage right. But now I feel slightly changed thinking how he is completely mine now and I am his." She replied smiling.

"And his mother cannot do anything else to stop me from spoiling Yash." She added with a smirk covering her face.

"You are... amazing." I said, giving her a hug before we both walked out of the room when we heard a knock on the door for the tenth time.