Chapter 23

*Nicole Pov*

"He seems to be really excited about this trip." Ali whispered after sometime while I was still reeling to the fact that they both forced me to be in this plane.

"It's a given reaction. He must be missing his Mother. It's been a few months since he visited her, right?" I asked not glancing at him, but stared at Harsha who is sitting before us while looking outside.

"And I still think I shouldn't be a part of this trip." I added and he completely ignored me.

"I want you to meet my Mom." Harsha simply said and I frowned at him.

Why does he want me to meet his Mom? Will it not be too awkward for everyone if I joined these two? If it is just his Mom, maybe it would be fine, but the plan Ali and I made was longer than that.

"You know everything and you are still fine with it?" I asked in a whisper so that Harsha will not hear.

"Actually, everytime we go for a visit I feel kind of a third wheel. And this time I have to explain something which would make them angry at me as my Father will not be before them. I don't want to go through all that alone." His words paused all the tension I was feeling until that moment.

"I need you to be present." He added and this time I made myself relax.

"Fine! I will think about only you if I feel awkward during any moment." I mumbled leaning back and closed my eyes.

After sometime I woke up to see both Harsha and Ali in a serious debate. I frowned and concentrated on the conversation to realize they are debating about the time they would need to reach the destination.

"It will take half an hour more." Harsha stated with confidence.

"Ten minutes!" Ali said with the same confidence.

"I always check time and I am sure about this." Harsha said frowning at him.

Then I realized how Ali is taking advantage of Harsha when he doesn't know everything. I cleared my throat and glared at Ali, who is trying to not smile at Harsha's frustration.

"You will believe me, right?" Harsha asked glancing at me.

"I believe that it will half an hour to reach the destination you have in your mind." I replied and he immediately smiled at me before glancing at Ali.

"Am I lying then?" Ali asked, glancing at me.

"You are right with the destination in your mind." I replied with a shrug and glanced at Harsha's confused face.

"Wait for ten more minutes." I added and we got an announcement to put our seat belts after a few minutes.

"I was wrong?" Harsha asked, looking at me.

"No! Your Dad was wrong to play with you." I assured him, but he just glanced outside.

"You are making me a bad guy here." Ali commented and I just rolled my eyes not having a chance to reply to see outside.

Harsha stayed quiet even after we were walking into the airport and reached the main entrance. I opened my mouth to explain why we are in different city, but he suddenly ran towards the people near the entrance.

"Mom!" he shouted again and reached a couple.

"Your wife?" I asked Ali gesturing the lady.

"Ex-wife! No one will be happy if you don't add Ex to that word. I don't want to get punched today." He replied making me chuckle.

"He punched you? You are like double his size, but he managed to punch you?" I asked not believing his words.

"I let him!" he shrugged and we both walked towards the couple where Harsha is still hugging his mother.