Chapter 10

Chapter 10

I groaned as I stretched out my limbs. After faking my own death, I joined the party again. It was an amazing time and I felt like I could do something for the first time without the hunters association or my father breathing down my neck.

My joints clicked with displeasure as the morning sun bled into the room. Kicking the covers to the side, I climbed out of bed and walked to my bathroom to have a morning shower. I was still covered in dirt and leaves from last night.

The beads of water relaxing my aching muscles and I sighed with contentment when the water finally ran clear. I lathered myself up and continued with my relaxing shower. It was absolutely blissful.

I walked out of the bathroom, my towel wrapped my body securely as I squeezed water out of my hair using another towel. My eyes lightened up to find a small pile of clothes on my bed for me to wear today.

I raced over to it and inspected the items. A pair of black, ripped skinny jeans, a blue halterneck top and a pair of blue strappy sandals. I had also noticed that my bed sheets had been changed and I felt a flutter of happiness of how amazing these people were.

I quickly dried myself off and got dressed. I brushed my hair back into a high ponytail and left to go downstairs. I walked down the stairs, the commotion was loud from downstairs. I slowly crept down the remaining steps and peeked my head around to look at the commotion.

People were rushing about. I looked confused at every as several people shouted across the room to their friend about something before hurrying off somewhere. I blinked at the whole scene. Releasing an anxious breath, I stepped forwards.

Squeezing my way through the busy people, I finally made it the lounge area. I flopped on the sofa next to Merida. I leaned into her side as she wrapped an arm around me and rubbed my arm up and down soothingly while I tried to catch my breathing.

"It's not usually hectic," she says, glancing back at the scene. "They're just excited about the full moon tonight... That and we're having some very important guests come for a visit in a few weeks, maybe a few months. They just want to be ready."

"Important guests?" I echoed.

"It's a long story. Right now, we need to focus on getting you ready for tonight and showing you the rules and stuff about our world. You've been thrown into our world feet first without having any prior knowledge or been taught our lifestyle." Merida informed.

Everyone had begun to calm down and raced off to do different things. The guy who came with us to the woods last night sank into the sofa next to me, his arm resting on the back of the sofa behind my neck.

"Amy, isn't it?" He asked, pointing at me. I looked at him, bewildered. I nodded my head, my words failing me. His brown hair was styled into a quiff, his hazel eyes inspected me. He was wearing a plain black t-shirt with a red and black flannel shirt. I gulped. He smiled at me. "Welcome to the pack, Amy. I've decided that from now on, you're my little sister, ok?"

"Little sister?" I squeaked.

"Oh yeah, Harry here is like you. He got attacked by a wolf when he was younger and he was so scared to tell his parents about what he was that he just ran away. Then one day he just strolled into our territory, much like you did and we accepted him as one of our own." Merida explained.

I looked back at him, my heart reached out to him. He was attacked too? My eyes welled up with tears for Harry. His happy expression turned panicked as he saw me crying. He quickly pulled me into him and hugged me to him as I cried.