Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Warning, this chapter may not be suitable for certain audiences. Extreme violence occurs in this chapter. If you do not feel comfortable with this, move on. Again, you have been warned.

The door burst open and the hunters strolled in like they owned the place. Their leader, my fucking father, eyed the decor of the room with awe and wonder scribbled all over his face. I scowled in his direction. A low growl threatening to erupt from my throat.

"Nice place you got here." My father said as he looked at Sam. I darted my eyes back to Sam. He was standing with his arms behind his back. He smirked at my father as though he were merely expecting his arrival.

"Just a little something for my pack. Keep them safe, a place to stay. That sort of thing." Sam replied, nonchalantly. They were speaking as though they were old friends.

I turned back to my father, who had a raised a quizzical brow. He never liked it when people spoke to him like that. I rolled my eyes. He will never change. I slowly inched my way behind Mike who narrowed his eyes further at the group in front of us.

'Baby, you know them?' Mike asked through our personal mindlink.

'The man up front. He's my dad. The rest are the hunters who tried to train me and make into one of them.' I replied shyly. Mike growled, causing most of the hunters to eye him suspiciously, thankfully though, they couldn't see me hiding tactfully behind him.

Taking a deep breath to calm my racing heart, I made eye contact with the Alpha, asking his permission to go forth. He nodded his head ever so discreetly and I easily got the message.

I mindlinked my warriors again, 'Attack is go.'

A battle cry was released and I heard the commotion. The fight has begun. I spun out from behind Mike and together we raced towards the hunters. I jumped on one of the hunter's shoulders, easily landing on them with my feet. I twisted my body which twisted his and he fell to the floor with a large crack. His back was snapped. I stomped my foot on the base of his spine, his spinal cord snapped, leaving him dead on the floor.

Another raced at me, an axe above their head as they screamed at me. Bringing my knee up, I kicked him his chest, the momentum causing him to stumble back a few feet. He quickly recovered and came at, swinging his axe around.

I ducked under the axe and grabbed the sides of his face. His dark brown eyes widened in realization. "Goodnight," I told him before I twisted his head to the side at a 90-degree angle. His body crumpled to the floor, lifeless. I scanned the area for any members of my army who need assistance.

"Well, look what the wolf dragged in." A familiar voice chuckled from behind me. The voice sent shivers down my spine as memories flashed before my eyes.

"Good to see you're doing well, Jonathan," I smirked as he circled around me. I met his eyes and found them cold and full of warning.

"I thought you were dead. How could you do that to me?" He demanded.

"I had to." I snarled.

"I LOVED YOU, AMY!" He screamed. "I loved you. How could you fake your own death? Everything was perfect. We had it all."

"We had nothing, Jonathan. I told you I didn't want you like that. You were just someone who trained me. You were just a colleague."

"How could you leave me like that? How could you do that to your father, to me?" He begged. His gun falling to the floor as his eyes flooded with tears.