Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Another week passed by in a blur. Everyone became more hectic and rushed around. People were constantly cleaning and talking about preparations. I felt as though I was in the dark and left out of the news of why everybody was so panicked and anxious.

Harry and Will became more busy with training. They were assigned to help train the pups who came of age, but I was specifically told that I had to grow more used to the place before I could attend training properly; I suppose I was fortunate enough to have private training sessions with them both to help me.

Merida was more busy than usual, she was part of a planning committee and I rarely got to see her. The only time I did see Merida was when she stumbled into my room every few nights, exhaustion coating her eyes as she flopped down on my bed and we had a small sleepover.

I missed them all so dearly. I grew bored with having nothing to do but stay in my room and go for a run. I could not even make new friends because everybody was too busy rushing around the place.

I guess I am just not suited for pack life. Perhaps the pack is having second thoughts about accepting me to be one of their own. I should have just been a lone wolf, a rogue. Perhaps I could live in the mountains by myself and stay in my wolf forever.

I shook my head from the negative thoughts. There was no space in my life for second-guessing things. If the pack did not want me, they would have told me by now, they would have kicked me out. Besides, I have not given them any reason to kick me out.

After my first shift with them, I told them all about my family. How my father was a hunter and wanted me to join the family business, about how I could not do it and tried to avoid going out in the field as often as I could.

They did not scream, or shout, albeit they became suspicious of me until I had proven my loyalty and told them of their hunting tactics, which had proven useful as a fellow she-wolf pack member was almost caught and murdered by one of the hunters.

But ever since, they had not questioned my loyalty. I had proven myself useful and they accepted despite who my family was. They found it admirable how I refused to kill one of my own kind even though my father and the hunters association put pressure on me to kill.

I sat in the living room, curled up on my side cuddling a bowl of popcorn as I watched Project Mc^2. I felt like such a baby for watching it, but the latest season just came out on Netflix and my curiosity was nagging me.

"Maddie! OhmyGod!" I screamed at the TV as I threw more popcorn in my mouth. It was so ridiculous.

"Amy." Came the Alpha's voice. I immediately froze as I heard his footsteps walk around the sofa and into my line of view. I gulped as he sat down on the coffee table in front of me. Pulling myself to a sitting position, I paused the TV show.

"Alpha." I greeted politely, offering him some popcorn. He shook his head but took a handful anyway.

"I need to speak with you. It's about a group of very important guests who are coming to visit us and stay with us for a month." The alpha said. My jaw dropped.

"Stay? As in... Like, in the pack house, stay?" I asked.

"Yes."

"Do we have room?" I asked. "If not I could offer up my room and bunk with someone else for the month-"

"Amy. That's not the issue. It's the type of guest we'll be having."

"Vampires? Hunters? Witches? Zombies? Russian spies? Mafia?" I rushed out.