Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Mike's POV

I watched my mate stomp away. I always seem to be pissing her off. I want to know more about her, I need to know more about her. If I know more about my mate then surely I won't make her angry again... Surely.

I looked at the man beside me. He was very close to her, perhaps he can tell me about her. Maybe, just maybe, he will be able to help me. At this rate, I'll beg for any form of information about her, for anything that will help me get closer to her.

"Will you tell me about her?" I ask the man coldly.

"Such as what?" He asks as he eyes me with a questioning scowl.

"Her past, maybe?" I ask, hopeful.

"I ain't going to break my promise to her so easily, man. If you want more information on Amy, you either ask her or the Alpha. I've got to go find Harry and make sure he isn't plotting your death." With that said, he ran off in the direction the other guy went.

"You have a stubborn mate," Claire notes as she dances up beside me with Nick in tow.

"Leave it, Claire," I command. She looks down at the floor and she drops the subject. But then Nicks pipes up to share his thoughts.

"Perhaps it's for the best. She's only a werewolf. There's no way she can handle a Lycan, nor keep up with one. She won't be able to lead as Luna." He says, his brows furrowing as he looks over to the pack house.

Turning, I punch him in the jaw which sends him flying to the floor. "Don't you dare speak so lowly of my mate. You forget I am your Alpha, which makes her your Luna. You say anything like that again about her, then I will tear you apart. Understood?"

Before he had the chance to respond, I stormed off in search of the Alpha. I wandered through the corridors until I found his office and stomped inside. Slamming my hands on his desk, I realize he isn't at all fazed by my abrupt presence.

He shuffled some papers before he looked up at me calmly. "I suggest you knock before entering my office. Although you are a Lycan, you are a guest here. You have to follow the pack rules as everybody else here."

"I need you to tell me about Amy's past." I demanded, completely ignoring his statement.

Sighing. He tapped his papers on the wooden desk and motioned for me to sit. Placing the sheets to one side, he interlaced his fingers and rested his arms on the table. A classical 'I mean business' position. "It is not my place to tell." He says darkly.

"I need to know so she won't get angry with me all of the damn time when I'm around her." I groan.

He sighs again and slumps back in his chair, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. "Fine. I'll tell you. But I must warn you, it's not pretty and it may change your views on your mate. Whether or not you still accept her after hearing this, is completely up to you."

I listened intently as he explained her story. He started from the very beginning and told me everything. The attack, her mother, her fathers, the hunter association, the training. I growled when he told me of someone confessing his love for her, but when he said it was the last tipping point for her, she had run away. My chest swelled, feeling proud of my mate for declining the poor twat.

When he told me that she came to this pack and they had to fake her death, I felt sadness consume my heart. She had to convince everyone she was dead, just to protect everyone here. Then he also told me how she became close with Will and Harry, who came into her life as her new brothers.