Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I couldn't believe it! A water plane. I've never been in a regular plane before.

"Are we going for a ride?" I asked him nervously.

"Of course we are!"

"You know how to fly these things?" Still nervous.

"Been flying for about 4 years now." Chris said proudly.

"Chris I have to admit, I am surprised, but also nervous and excited at the same time. I have never flew in a plane before. Any type of plane."

"You will love it, let's go."

"Ok, I have to be back by 10:30, I've got to work at 12:00." I told him.

"Well we better get going!" Grabbing my hand pulling me towards the water plane.

Chris strapped me in first, closed the door and walked all around the plane checking to make sure everything was safe and secure. Bruno stayed at the wharf. Before I knew it we were up in the air looking down on trees and houses. My excitement and nervousness was now only excitement. Chris was right I loved it, I couldn't believe I've never done this before, it was amazing.

We seen my house, the construction where his motel was going, we also flew over Betty's. Which must have reminded him I had to work because he yelled over the roar of the engine "we better head back if you want to make it to work in time."

"Ok." Was all I could say. I was amazed! Not wanting to go back down I tried to look at everything possible from in the sky before we landed. I'll never get to do this again. Once we landed and Chris checked everything over one more time we headed back to the truck, along with Bruno who was still waiting for us on the wharf.

"Did you have fun?" He asked.

"Oh Chris it was amazing! Thank you so much for taking me."

"Maybe we can do it again sometime."

"I'd love that!" Saying with excitement in my voice.

When he pulled in my driveway to drop me off I had a sad feeling in the pit of my stomach. I didn't want this day to end. But on a good note it was a great start to my day. It will make my shift at Betty's more bare able having something positive to think about.

"Thanks for this morning. I had fun."

"Me too. I'm heading back to New York for a few days. Can I call you when I get back?" He asked.

"Sure, that will be ok."

Getting ready for work the mornings events replayed in my head. Chris will be gone for a few days, it's a good thing I'm working. How long is a few days? I was really starting to like him! But what if he doesn't move here and when the motel is done I'm stuck with this feeling in the pit if my stomach, or worst a broken heart.

The past couple days were ok. The diner was busy for a Tuesday and Wednesday. I didn't think about Chris much only when it wasn't busy or when I was home alone. Thinking about the night at the beach, and the flying. If every date was like this I could fall for Chris sooner than I'd expect.

I left the diner early on Thursday, it was a slow day and there was no need for me to be there after everything was done. After making a stop in the grocery store, and making my weekly stop to check on my dad I decided to drive by the motel construction to see how it was coming. The foundation was now pored, and the fame was up. Before you know it the motel will be finished and Chris will be back in New York where I'll never see him.

When I got home I hopped in a nice hot bath, relaxed and read a few chapter in my book. Drying myself off I headed in my bedroom to put on my PJ's, when I heard the door bell. I wrapped the towel around me, ran down the hall to look threw the peep hole in the door.

Oh my god, it's him! Should I get dressed I thought? Yes get dressed!

"Just one second, I'll be right there." I said yelling at the door.

I threw on a pair of PJ shorts and a t-shirt. My hair was still dripping wet, but I didn't have time to dry it, he was waiting on my door step.

It's 8:30, what's he doing here? I thought as I rushed back to open the door. There is was in a suit, and he looked gorgeous.

"Hi, your back. Everything ok?" I asked, just staring at him in my doorway.

"Everything is fine, just wanted to see you!"

"Oh, well come on in." I gestured my hand towards the living room.

"Would you like something to drink?" It was a good thing I picked up beer when I was at the grocery store.

"I have beer if you like?" I added.

"Beer sounds great." He said looking around.

"They are not very cold, I just picked them up!" Handing him a beer.

"That's ok."

There was an awkward silence for a few minutes finally I had to ask "What are you doing here?"

"I'm not sure exactly! When I got in town I was driving to the motel but ended up here." He looked just a confused as I did.

"It's nice to see you!" I told him, giving him a smile.

"It's nice to see you too!"