Chapter 17

Chapter 17

"Can you repeat that please." I was stunned. Shocked.

"You are pregnant. The bleeding you had is normal in the beginning of any pregnancy. Lets see how far along you are, lie on the bed." She pointed towards the bed in the corner. "And take your pants off please. Your to early to tell threw your abdomen, so we have to do a vaginal ultrasound. " She added.

I done as I was told, I took of my pants with my shaky hands, got up on the bed and covered myself in the paper thing they call a blanket. Moments later the doctor appeared with big screen and a long white thing. She pushed the button to turn on the screen, then rolled a condom over the long white thing, put some blue jelly over it then slid it in.

"Ok I'm going to move it around a little, it can get uncomfortable just bear with me." She warned me.

I didn't say anything. I couldn't believe this was happening. All I could do was stare at the screen, and think about how to tell Chris. Even though I don't think he will be to upset after our conversation last night. But I wasn't sure if I was ready for a baby yet.

"There's your baby." The doctor pointed to a small blimp on the screen.

"Your between 3-4 weeks along." She added.

I just stared at the screen for a few minutes and it's an instant love! I wasn't sure up until that moment when I seen the baby on the screen that I wanted a baby, and now I know I am growing a little bundle if joy inside of me, something Chris and I have created together. The doctor printed out a picture of our baby, a little pee inside of me, and told me I could get dressed. I put my pants back on and went to sit down in the chair next to her desk.

"So Nancy, you will need to start taking prenatal vitamins, no more alcohol, I will need to see you every month for the first 8 months, then every 2 weeks in your 8th month, and once a week your final month until delivery. We will have to do another ultrasound in your second trimester once the baby develops to make sure everything is ok, we can schedule that one on your next visit." She explained to me.

I thanked her, and went straight to the car. I wanted to call Chris and tell him, but I thought in person might be better so I started the car and headed for home. When I got there Chris was cooking bacon and eggs and it smelt so good, I couldn't wait to eat!

"Did you get your pills?" He asked when I walked into the kitchen.

"Not exactly." I was nervous about tell him. So I figured do it fast like ripping off a bandage.

"I'm pregnant." I waited for his response.

"What? Really? How? The test you took a couple weeks ago was negative." He looked happy and shocked.

"Yes really! The how is obvious, and the test I took must have been to early to read. I have a picture." I answered all his questions.

"Can I see it?" He asked.

"Of course you can." I got up and got my purse and took out this black and white picture, I looked at it for a second then walked towards Chris and placed it on the counter in front of him. He just looked at it with a small grin on his face, I wanted to know what he was thinking.

"This is our baby. I can't believe it." He pointed at the little blimp in the picture.

"Your not upset?" I wanted to make sure. I was when I found out first.

"No, I'm happy! We are going to start a family. How do you feel about it?" He asked sounding concerned.

"Honestly, at first I was upset, I didn't think I was ready for a baby, but then I seen him or her on the screen and I felt joy, excitement. This little thing is something you and I created and I couldn't be more happy." I said to him.