Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Everything went rather quickly, even our flight. Chris and I slept almost the whole flight, I woke up to pee once, Chris was doing a bit if work on his lap top. We reached New York a little after 12, our luggage was one of the first ones off so we made it out quickly. When we walking outside I seen a bight white limo park in front if the airport.

"Some lucky person gets a ride in that beautiful vehicle." I said to Chris.

"That's us!" He said smiling from ear to ear.

"What? Really? Us?" I was so excited. I had never been close to a limo before, and now I get to ride in one.

Chris opened the door for me and I climbed it. The inside had black leather seats, the roof was white, and there was a tinted window separating us and the driver. Right up front under the window was a small fridge. When Chris got it he asked if I would like anything to drink. I thought I should wait, we were going to a rehab centre after all!

The rehab centre was not far from the airport. It was in a secluded area in the woods completely away from the outside world. Pulling up I was impressed. A big white home, a brink fence surrounding it. There were chairs and patio swings on the front lawn, and trees so far as the eyes can see.

"Hi Chris, welcome." Said an older man shacking his hand.

"Good day Neil, this is Nancy. Her dad will be coming to get some help starting next week." Chris pointed to me, and I shook his hand.

"Thank you so much for having us here today, and for the help you will be giving my dad!" I said to him.

"Your very welcome. Would you like to come in and have a look? I'll have a few questions for you before you leave if that's ok?" Neil asked.

"That's fine. Let's have a look." I gave them both a smile.

I held Chris's hand as we walked threw the door. It was beautiful! There were brown leather chairs around a small coffee table that matched the cream colour walls. A small desk to the right when you came in for registration, with a gorgeous picture of a young girl and her daughter above it.

There were 2 very large hall ways, one for men, one for women, with roughly 10 rooms on each side.

"Let me show you where your dad will be staying." Neil gestured his hand down the hall to the left.

We walked down the hall and stopped 4 doors down on the left side. Neil opened the door and Chris and I entered. One double bed, a small night stand with 3 drawers and a desk was all that was in there. But I noticed the other rooms had 2 beds. Why did this one only have one? I walked over and looked out the window. There was a fire put surrounded with chairs, 5 picnic tables, and a walking trail.

"Neil may I ask you a question?"

"Of course."

"Why does this room have one bed but the others I noticed has 2?" I was curious.

"Chris has made sure your dad gets the best treatment this centre had to offer which includes his own private room, with extra sessions with me and less AA meetings." He answered

I walked towards Chris and gave him a kiss on the cheek "thank you!"

Neil showed us where his office was, where the meetings take place, and told us about the activities my dad along with the others will participate in. Such as hiking, nature walks, beach trips. Things to keep there mind occupied on other things besides alcohol and drugs. When we finished the tour we went into Neil's office to fill out the paper work and to talk about my dad.