Chapter 14

Chapter 14

"What do you mean this is my surprise?" I was puzzled.

Here I was standing in front of a big brick building. University of New York. I don't get how this is a surprise?

"You told me you wanted to become a social worker, to help kids get out of bad homes. If you really want that you can start here in January and for fill that dream. You will be close to your dad while he is in rehab, you can get away from the bad memories of that town, and you can be closer to me!" He told me as we walked towards the building.

"I don't know what to say. This is just to much. First my dad's rehab then my schooling. Are you sure you want to do this for a girl you hardly know?" I was still in shock.

"I'm hoping I'll get to know you better. And it's not to much. I want to give you a better future if you will take it?"

"Can we look around?" I was curious about what this school had to offer.

"Of course. Come." He held out his hand and I took it.

We walked into the building, there were students walking every which way, and teachers in the halls. Chris showed me the courses for social work, introduced me to some of the teachers, and gave me a tour of the library.

I was very impressed, and excited. Could I really turn this down? A chance of a life time for both me and my dad.

"So what do you think? Pretty amazing right?" Chris said.

"It is amazing." I responded.

"Have you made up your mind?"

"I'll have to think about it a little more ok?" I asked him.

"Sure, I know it was out if the blue. How about we head to Daniels for dinner?"

"Sounds great, I'm starting to get hungry." I gave him a smile, then hooked my arm into his as we walked to the car.

Daniels was pretty busy, but I did not take long to get our food. We ate and drank wine into the early evening. We talked about school, and my dad's rehab, Chris insures me he will get better. I hope so I thought as he kept telling me it will be ok, my dad will be ok. Chris decided to leave the tour of New York for tomorrow. It has been a long day, I don't know if I can handle much more especially after a 3 course meal and a bottle if wine. And not to forget meeting Chris's parents tomorrow. I don't want to be beat out or hungover for that. I'm nervous enough as it is.

When we got home I was so overwhelmed with the events of the day, and there is more to come. I don't know if I can enjoy New York tomorrow with my mind racing about my dad, school, and meeting Chris's parents.

"You need to relax." Chris said pointing out the obvious.

"What did you have in mind?" I said playfully walking towards him.

"I'll grab some towels, you get naked! There is wine in the fridge and a hot tub on the back patio."

"A hot tub, you must have skipped that part of the tour. Your joining me right?" I hoped he would.

"Unless you don't want me too?" He said turning around to face me.

"No! I want you too." I said with excitement. I've only been in a hot tub once, and that was Megan's 16th birthday party.

When Chris came back with the towels he was already naked. So was I! But I was already in the hot tub, with the wine poured up. When Chris joined me he hit a small button on the side of the hot tub and soft piano music started to play. We sipped wine and stared at the night sky, it was filled with stars, and the moon was bright with a small sliver missing. It was a beautiful night. Chris was right I needed yo relax and this was a great way to do it.