Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Chris held my hand as he waited with me in the waiting room of the hospital. They have not told me anything, and the only thing the paramedics told me when they came to get my dad was his pulse was weak and his stomach needed to be pumped. We have been sitting here for almost 2 hours with no word of how he is doing. I sipped on a coffee that Chris bought me from the cafeteria and ate half of the beagle.

"Mr. lanes next of kin?" Said a doctor coming threw the double doors of the emergency room.

"That's me, I'm his daughter." I hopped up from my seat and headed towards him.

"Well Miss. Lane your father had a serious case of alcohol poisoning. We pumped his stomach and he is now stable, but we did some tests and if your father does not stop drinking his liver will shut down and he will die."

"I have him signed up for rehab in New York next week, that's what I was going to tell him when I found him like that!" I told the doctor.

"That's good, make sure your father never takes another sip if alcohol again or he will not live much longer Miss. Lane." The doctor shook my hand and headed back threw the double doors.

"Is he ok?" Chris asked as I returned back to his side.

"He is stable, but the doctor said if he does not stop drinking he will not live much longer. The alcohol is killing his liver."

"Let's get to New York to get everything set up. We can take him to rehab as soon as he is released. Would you like to see your dad before we go?" He asked.

"Yes I'll meet you in the car ok? I need a few minutes with him." I kissed him on the cheek and walked into my dads room.

My dad was just lying there. Tubes hooked up to his arms and the monitors beeping. I grabbed the chair and pulled it next to the bed, I sat and held his hand. As soon as I touched him his eyes opened and just looked at me.

"Where am I?" He asked. His voice low and horsed.

"Your at the hospital dad. You drank way to much, they had to pump your stomach. If you don't stop your liver will shut down and your going to die!" I told him.

He gave me a blank stare for a moment then started to move trying to pull the tubes out if his arms. He kept yelling "get me the fuck out of here!"

"Stop dad! You need help or you will die don't you get that?" I said as I grabbed his arm trying to keep him in bed. I buzzed the nurse, knowing she would be there within second I decide to tell my dad about rehab.

"I have a flight for you next week to New York, you will be going to one of the best rehab centres in the state. I don't want to lose you dad!" I felt tears forming in my eyes. I held them back.

"Fuck you! I'm not going to no rehab, I'll die before I leave here and stop drinking." He pushed me out if the way and I fell to the floor.

The nurse came in and seen me on the floor and my dad out of bed, she went out into the hall and called 2 male nurses to come in to help get my dad back in bed. He fought and fussed, they restrained him to the bed.

"You can't do this against my will you fuckers!" He yelled. That's when the doctor walked threw the door.

"Mr. lane I'm doctor.."

"I don't care who you are, you can't keep me here." My dad interrupted.

"Mr. lane we can keep you. Since you unfit to care for yourself your daughter is old enough to act on your behalf to ensure you will get the help you need. She tells me she has set up plans for you to go to a rehab centre?"