Chapter 7

Chapter 7

I ran to my dad lying there on the floor.

"Dad, dad." I yelled out shaking him.

"What the hell do you want?" He snapped.

"I thought you were dead! Dad you can't keep living like this. Do you even know your on the floor?"

"I'm on the couch Nancy!" He insisted.

"No dad, your on the floor next to the couch. Get up and take a shower your a mess, and you stink." I told him sternly.

"Don't tell me what to do Nancy, your just like your mother. You'll stop coming too one of these days." He grabbed a 26er of Jack Daniels, walked down the hall towards the bathroom.

My dad has treated me pretty bad in the past, and even now he's not the nicest, but I can never imagine doing what my mother did and walk away. I need to get my dad some help, but that was easier said than done. There were no treatment centres around here and I didn't have the money to send him somewhere that did. I had no family other than him that I could turn to for help. Maybe I can ask Chris?

No Nancy! Not a good idea. For one you will have to tell him about your dad, and two you will have to ask for money from a man you have only known 3 weeks.

I started to clean up after I heard the shower turn on, knowing he would get angry at me and just tell me he can do it himself, even tho he never would. There were beer bottles, pizza boxes, and empty liquor bottles everywhere. I started with the bottles first throwing them all in a box.

"Leave them there." My dad said coming down the hall. Staggering.

"This place is a mess dad, someone has to clean it because you won't."

"I said leave it there!" He yelled storming towards me.

He grabbed the box and threw it on the floor breaking half of the bottles. Then he grabbed me by the arms and started shacking me.

"Mind your own damn business Nancy, you moved out, you have no reason to be here." He said, still shaking me.

"Let go of me dad. You need help!" I pulled my arms a away and stormed out the door. The tears started to fill my eyes. I will not cry. I will not cry I kept repeating to myself.

He is getting worst and I have no way to help him. If I knew were my mother was id call her, first id tell her that she was a coward for leaving me with him, then I would insist she take responsibility for her husband and get him the help he needs! I haven't heard from my mother in 4 years so I don't expect to now. I'm guessing her and my dad are still married, he has not mentioned divorce paper to me, he probably wouldn't tell me anyway.

When I got home I called Megan. She was the only one besides my mom who knew what he was really like. Telling her what happen today she came to the same conclusion I did. My mom.

During our conversation she asked about Chris, whom I haven't even thought about today with everything going on. I also forgot about meeting him tomorrow.

"You guys had sex?" Megan said with excitement in his voice.

"Does that mean he is staying?" she added.

"I'm not sure Megan, it happened unexpectedly. We didn't really talk about what it meant." I told her.

Megan and I talked a little about her, college, brad, her boyfriend since high school , and Chicago. Then we said our good byes for another couple days. She comes home every weekend, her parents are loaded with money, and during the the week we have only have phone time. After our call I wasn't in any mood to do anything, my dad always seems to ruin my day somehow.

I just finished brushing my teeth when the phone rang. Unknown number.

"Hello?"

"Hey it's Chris!"

"Hey there. How's everything going?" I asked.

"Good, just calling to make sure we're still on for tomorrow afternoon?"

"Of course. What did you have in mind?" I could help but smile, I was so excited to see him again.

"A drive and a picnic?" He answered.

"Sounds perfect!"

"I'll pick you up at 12:00, can't wait to see you Nancy."

"Can't wait to see you either, I'll see you tomorrow! Have a good night." I said hanging up the phone.

Lying in bed I was excited for what tomorrow had in store. But more excited just to see Chris and his beautiful smile. My eyes were getting heavy as happy thoughts floated in my head, and before I knew it I was asleep.