102. Dusk III

Song to listen while reading:
Twilight: Bella's Lullaby
A Thousand Years by Piano Boys (Cover)

Word Count: 9499 (holy shit this is long)

*************************

Since that day when Harry told me about his whole vampire history as well as his family's, we've grown closer. I wasn't able to let him meet my dad yet, there's just a lot of problems in the station. The news said that there had been cased of attacks near out town. In the past two weeks, there are already seven counts of death in the neighborhood towns. Robert gave me a curfew because of that and I wouldn't be allowed to go to downtown. He also let Harry drive me to school sometimes or keep me company when I'm using my own car. When Harry hangs out at my house when Dad isn't around was okay with him as well.

The doorbell rang which indicates that Harry's here already. I practically sprinted my way to the door. Today is the day that Harry will meet my dad personally. I can tell that dad is uncomfortable while waiting in the couch. He's been frowning at the television since this morning when I told him that Harry would want to have a dinner with us tonight. He helped me to prepare foods but his thoughts were elsewhere. When I went down, he's glaring at the door while standing in the middle of the living room.

"Take it easy on him, Dad." I said and smiled at him. He forced a smile back then crossed his arms over his chest. "Don't make him change his mind on this. I really love him."

"Of course. I only want what's best for you." He said and now his smile turned sincere.

"You know what, you should hide that shotgun already. It makes me scared." I said and looked at his shotgun in our coffee table that he's been cleaning since we finished preparing foods.

"Okay, fine." He rolled his eyes at me and I chuckled. I turned back at him and went for the door. I breathed in before opening the door. Harry stood there with a bouquet of tulips in his hand. He looks stunning as ever with his white button down and black jeans. Simple yet gorgeous. He flashed me a smile and my knees almost buckled. We've been together for like, a month yet his beauty never failed to amaze me. His face was in my every dream, like he can control it.

"Hey, you look beautiful. I didn't know you could wear dresses." He smirked as he scanned my body. I am wearing a dress that I found on my closet. It's nothing too extravagant, just a plain white dress and I partnered it with my usual Converse. I glared at him so he handed me the flowers.

"How did you even know that I love tulips?" I asked him while smelling the flowers. They look amazing.

"You told me once before you go to sleep. You're probably too sleepy to remember." He said and leaned down to kiss my lips but our kiss was cut short by the sound of my dad clearing his throat. Whoops.

"Come on in." I said and made way for Harry. I closed the door behind him and my hand started to shake. Harry held it still and looked at me with his breathtaking smile. "Uhm, Dad, this is Harry Styles, my...... boyfriend." It took me a time to notice that he's holding the shotgun. He's maybe on his way to his room to keep it away when he saw me and Harry. My eyes met with Dad and I signaled him to put it away.

"Good evening, sheriff. I apologize for what you saw. Again, I'm Harry. You must know my father, Xavier Styles." Harry said and stepped forward to my dad. Dad's eyes looked at me nervously, looking for help but took Harry's hand anyway.

"Please, just call me Robert when I'm off duty. And yes I know your father. He's such a very good man and doctor." He said and smiled at Harry. I let out a sigh of relief to see then interacting decently than seeing my dad shooting Harry in his head. I know that it won't kill Harry but it's just bothering me. "Give me a minute, I'll just keep my shotgun on my room." He said and left me with Harry downstairs.