110. A love That's Never Ours

Word Count: 2002

*********************

I watched as everyone around me moved in business. Today was a very busy day for my best friend and everyone around him. Also, we're all very excited. We're. That was so fake for me to say.

"Y/N, could you please put this flower outside." Harry's mom asked and I obliged with a fake smile.

"Sure." I said and held the pot of colorful dahlias in my hand.

"Thanks, Y/N. Oh my gosh, I'm so nervous, and excited!" She squealed and I chuckled.

"You have to calm down, Anne." I said and left her there. I brought the flowers outside on the backyard where everything else was organized.

"Y/N!" I heard my name being called so I looked at who it was. Gemma. "Hey, could you please go up at Harry's room? He won't open the door for us." Gemma asked frantically.

"Okay, I'll be up." I said and hurriedly ran to my best friend's childhood room. I knocked and called his name. "Harry come on, open up." I said and the door slowly opened.

"I'm nervous." He said and without a word, I entered the room then closed the door behind me before hugging him.

"Remember our first day in class? You woke up so early but was so nervous to leave the house. You told me you don't ever want to go to school. But here you are, graduated and now a successful man. Found the love of his life and getting married. We've always dreamt for this day to happen." I said then pulled away from him.

"Technically, you haven't found the love of your life yet." Harry chuckled. We've always dreamt for this day, to see each other happily getting married. Though, I always thought I'll end up with him.

He's wrong. I've found the love of my life so many years back already. Sadly, he's the guy I can have but the also the one I didn't have.

Harry is the only guy I've ever loved. I've never liked other boys but him. It just hurts now that he's already found the love of his life and it's not me. He had found the one who he would spend the rest of his life with, but it's not me. He's found his significant other, but in the arms of somebody else.

The memory of that particular day where he told me through the phone that he's engaged totally crushed my world. I've met his fiance, and future wife in a few minutes, twice before he told me he'll marry her. The way he proposed to her was the exact same proposal that I've been dreaming of. A romantic sunset in the beach, hearing those words while the ocean crashes the shore.

"I already did." I said as I fixed his tie. "It just happen that he wasn't the one for me." I sighed but forced a smile. Harry frowned.

"Who is he? Why didn't you tell me about this before, Y/N?" He asked with squinted eyes.

"It's not important now, Harry. The important thing now is what's bothering you?" I asked.

"I'm just so nervous. It's not that I'm doubting it, I love Jenny with all my heart." Ouch, that's more painful than I've ever expected. "I'm just so nervous. This is normal, right? Tell me it's normal and I'm not losing my sanity." He said and I chuckled.

"You're just like Anne." I mumbled. "It's normal. Calm down, this is what you've been waiting for your whole life. Don't worry, I'll be standing next to you." I assured him. He finally smiled and hugged me again.

"You'll always be the most important girl in my life. You've been there when no one was and you're always there to stand next to me in my darkest days. I love you, Y/N. I literally cannot imagine how my life would go without you telling me everyday that I can do it. You'll forever be the girl I'll run to when I'm feeling lost." Harry said and by now, I can tell he's crying.