Little Trust

Normal POV

#With Tsuna

Feeling that the distance is enough for their soon to be guests not to eavedrops them, that Brunet finally asked, "Okay, so, were you carrying those cards the whole day?"

Reborn who has been waiting for this question just merely grinned, "Nope, just made it up~"

And Tsuna rolled his eyes, "Yeah sure, and my hair is tamed. The picture though, where did you get my picture dressing up like that?" he asked again remembering how the invitation cards have his picture in a witch costume. It was cute, he won't deny it. Still, he's curious.

"Oh, that? Verde and Mukuro have their hands on it. And I did not lie when I said I didn't have them with me beforehand..." Reborn smirked mysteriously and that caused Tsuna to raise his brow.

"He dares to show them flames?" He asked in bewilderment.

"Not quite... I did say that Verde involved, didn't I?" The face that Tsuna made showed that it finally clicked. And so he murmured...

"I see... So, from Illusion into Concrete is a thing, now. That's... kind of worrying actually..."

But Reborn then assured him, "Nothing to be worried about. Because Verde had modified his machine so that it'll only respond to Mukuro and Chrome's flame, not even that ramen freak, Checkerface could make it work."

The mention of the name, however, shocked Tsuna. "You... You know about him? Checkerface?" -he even stopped on his track, eyes slightly widened at the information.

Eventually Reborn also stopped, as he faced the stunned brunet, casually saying, "I do... on the matter of fact, it was all thanks to Taiyo that we're no longer cursed." -a playful smirk he offers and Tsuna glared at him.

"And How did you keep that a secret from me?!" He shouted in anger, causing some to stares while Tsuki stopped from her walks and Alex to slightly panicked.

Then, again, Reborn found it amusing to tease him further, "Hmm? Well, maybe because you never asked? Besides... How come you not notice all this time?"

"Y-You..." Tsuna clenched his fists, shaking a little in frustration before then he just abruptly stopped.

"You told me about Shimon... about Gesso, and even all of the chaos that's not importantly involved me... yet, you hid this?" He said, not looking at Reborn and just letting his bangs to cover his expression.

---Silence---

"That's mean, Reborn... That's just mean..." Tsuna paused again, this time staring at those onyx pairs, surprisingly back with his old dull eyes... "You know that I can't possibly register all of the changes around me. And here you hide the very thing that worried me the most..."

Reborn, on the other hand, was not expecting Tsuna to be mad. I mean, he's been teasing the not-a- child ever since his awakening, and Tsuna has never snapped before. Not even in the matters where others would found themselves raging over it.

Then again, he just remembered that Tsuna is a sky Arcobaleno, whose curse was meant his life...

Maybe... Maybe, he's gone overboard?

...No...

He's definitely crossed the line. And now, Tsuna is mad- no, it was more to disappointed, at him. And with Tsuna's trusting issues, he knows that he should... although it meant to shot down his up high pride, he must apologize, and fast...

"Tsuna, It's..." He trailed, feeling a bit... okay, maybe MUCH more than a bit, of guilty.

But before he could actually finish the sentence, Tsuna slowly grabbed Reborn's hand with his cold and slightly trembling ones...

Eyes stared deep into the other's as he asked, "but... I guess that's the reason why you did this, right? You know that I'm unstable yet for something this big... that's why you hid it, right?" Tsuna squeezed Reborn's hand ever so slightly, but enough to tell the young Hitman that he's nervous if not scared of the possible reply. Still, he needs an answer. But Reborn was more than just noticed the real meaning behind that seemly innocent question.

Unlike before, this time he doesn't dare to look at Tsuna's amber as he replied that, "I'll be lying if I said yes, and you know that..." Reborn was ready if Tsuna ever hit him or anything after this. And for once he keeps in mind that he'll never dodge because he had hurt him, his sky. Despite the thought that it was amusing, it seemed like his own joke backfired on him.

A hug, however, was what he received on the very next second. And he might have thought of this possibility, yet it still surprised him. Especially when he felt just how the brunet gradually relaxed on him, whispering a soft Thank you...

"-for telling me the truth..." Tsuna said, with a watery smile as he puts aside his anger and thought that despite his arrogance, all of those teases, imperfectness of a human, maybe... maybe he could actually trust Reborn? Which it was one big step for him to let go of his insecurities as he let himself be held, protected by someone who was not himself...

For some reason, he found himself smiling, but this time is much genuine than he ever. Because after so long, he could finally let go...

"Ne, Ren-nii... I'm going to S.L.E.E.P.  So, is it possible if we pay a visit before we leave to Italy?" Tsuna said, changing the topic as he released the hug, feeling lighter in the heart as he smiled.

Reborn noticed the effort and decided that he won't pushed it over, especially when Tsuna has forgiven him if not simply brushed the matter off. He, however, quirked a brow at the switching language of 'sleep' into English while the rest was Italian.

But of course, being a smart guy he is, Reborn then realized that sleep over here is more like a 'thing'. And he has this very good hunch on what's exactly the thing is. Therefore, he chuckled...

"And here I thought we had actually erased your whole existence..." he said as Tsuna's smile turned into playful ones.

"And haven't I told you that a week is an insult?" -at this, Reborn shooked his head as he smirked.

"Should I say this was so expected of you?"

"Likewise... My life has been nothing but a bunch of mystery, so expect the unexpected, will you?" Tsuna winked as the tension finally left them...

In the end, if there's something Tsuki would have thought, she's glad that Tsuna is slowly opening up to Reborn... and slowly, he'll learn to trust them too...

'So I guess, the headaches for coming here was worthwhile afterall...' and she found herself giggling as she saw both of her ex-Tutor walk side-by-side with intertwined fingers, like true brothers...