Here's the deal

The duo detective-moonlight thief has been having discussions and more sleepovers ever since then. Kaito didn't tell Jii and likewise Conan didn't tell Haibara nor Agasa. They both are reluctant to do so. The magician has a bad feeling about Vongola, and frankly Conan couldn't find any prove to say otherwise.

Mafia.

They are about to deal with a freaking mafia famiglia.

And not just that. Kaito couldn't find any dirt on the said group. Not even a business-related scandal. Which means, these guys are good. And it was downright terrifying.

The shrunken detective has helped to call Jodie or the others from FBI. Or asked about these guys to Omuro. However, the underlying threat that escaped Tsuna's lips as he escorted them out of the manor...

"What happens in Rome stays in Rome"

—They don't want to mess with it.

The brunet did mention that it's ok for them to bring their full gears, Rather confidently when he said so.

A declaration.

That they have the upper hand despite anything the two could ever plan on against them.

Conan's color slightly drained when he saw the familiar emblem on his mother's hair in form of a hair pin.

"So? Are you going to give me a hug?" The actress raised a brow, arm on her hips. Looking unimpressed though teasing grin is present.

'Right. Questions later. Enter first'

"Good to see you after ages, Kaa-san. Welcome back" Conan rolled his eyes a bit but gave his mother a hug nevertheless.

Luckily before she can go overboard with her flamboyant gestures, she had spotted the magician.

"Oh? A friend of yours, Shin-chan?" Yukiko beamed. Not wanting to blew the cover that she already knew who Kaito is.

"It's okay, kaa-san. You know him, he knows you. We sorta explain our situation to each other at this point, so it's alright" Conan said as he ushered his mother to get into the Kudo manor first.

"Oh? Well that'll make things easier then~! It's good to see you again Kai-chan! You've grown to be a fine man I see!" she greeted cheerfully. "How's Chikage? Heard that she's on a business trip at france?"

"Yeah, Okaa-chan loves to travel. I think she's heading to Spain next week. And It's good to see you too Yukiko-neechan" Kaito corrected at the last minute, rather sheepishly remembering the last time he had called the lady with Baa-chan. The brunette smiled triumphantly.

"Have you guys eat some breakfasts? I brought Sushi with me" she said.

"Who sold Sushi early in the morning?" Conan asked suspiciously while his mother just strode along and prepared some plates.

"Tutt tutt on the details. It was a gift. And don't worry, it's not poisoned. I already eat a box myself." She added, knowing how paranoid her son can be.

The heisei-holmes doesn't seem to buy that, but he doesn't want to anger his mother as well. Couldn't deal with her shenanigans today, gotta save up energy in case things get worse in a snap.

So instead, he brew himself a coffee.

"Ugh... you still drink that motor oil, Shin-chan?" Yukiko commented to which the detective scoffed, especially loud when Kaito joined her.

"I know right? No sugar at all, Neechan. I told you. Your son probably some sort of android!"

"He's just like his father" Yukiko rolled his eyes.

"I'm his son" 'duh' Conan replied in a matter of factly.

"Well, you are also MY son." Yukiko huffed. And Conan could tell from the slightly rised tone that it's likely to be the  usual banter.

"Right. So you're angry at Pops. Should I even ask why?"

On cue, Yukiko then starts to ramble on how Yusaku must be cheating on her. Because he didn't pick up her phone once— which likely the author just fell asleep or was hiding from his editors. Hence the usual.

Conan doesn't seems to be fazed at all as he simply eat his sushi calmly. Letting his mother talk and whines away.

He did send an apologetic look at Kaito who  seemed to be uncomfortable. Regardless, The Holmes tapped on the table a bit, enough to send the message to Kaito who then could be seen visibly relaxed after the explanation. It was so brief and subtle that Yukiko didn't get to catch on.

"Right. So. You didn't tell your own husband that you've flown to another country because he didn't pick up your call."

"—and texts!"

"And texts" Conan tried not to sigh. Instead he smiled dumbly at his parents antics.

"That won't be for long. I'm sure he'll reach you back soon"

Which as creepy as it sounded, her phone rang. And it was indeed his father. Scowling, Yukiko excised herself for a bit and pick up the call while Conan then openly rolls his eyes bemused.

"Occasionally happened?" Kaito asked. Finishing his eggs. Knowing that the magician has ichthyphobia, all that fish related, like salmon, yellow tail, and Tuna, has been left out on the container and the two only eat the ones that has shrimps and octopuses as the seafood. The teen was touched at their consideration.

"At least twice a year" Conan replied, wiping his mouth as well, done with his meal.

"How cute" Kaito snickers.

Conan just hummed. Not really wanting to comment further, he doesn't want to be snarky and sounded ungrateful, nor he wanted to agree and get all chummy. Either way his friend might get jealous. Afterall, regarding the matter, he's luckier than the indigo-eyed boy.

"Speaking of. Her hairpin" The thief said, finally getting to the topic.

"Kaa-chan loves her jewelry. But that one. I never seen before. And I don't think it's coincidental." Kaito easily agreed.

So when she's back, with flowers and rainbow replacing the gloomy aura she has been emitting earlier, they waste no time and asked.

"Kaa-chan? You know about Vongola?"

"Hmm? Of course I know about Vongola!" Yukiko answered as she seated back, "they're like World-Wide version of Suzuki inc. I'm not living under a rock, Shin-chan" she said, feeling offended.

"No, like" he sighed a bit. "I mean, are you working with them? I read a bit from the news" he lied.

"News?" She frowned. "I just got interviewed yesterday and there's already news on it. Wow. They do work fast"

After humming a bit she then continued. "Anyway, yes. I models a bit on one of their Industrial branch. It's literally the same as modelling for Guxxi! Of course I won't let it pass" she grinned.

"Oh wow. Congrats, Yukiko-neechan!" Kaito said. Although he understand the situation here.

Damn.

It seems like there's really no chance go back. Is there?