Sleepover

Calculating that it would be past midnight if Conan were back to Beika, Kaito has kindly offered the shrunken detective his place to stay the night, in which the boy had denied the first time. But of course, stubborn that he is, Kaito insisted and even called Ran about it, so that his small critic won't have any choice but agree...

"We barely know each other personally, why'd you invites me into your hiding?" The glasses kid frown.

"Well, true... you just discovered me not so long ago, but the moment we stepped into that mansion, we both know that there's no turning back," That magician answered, "--plus, we'll be needing each other sooner or later. And thus we need to understand each other's weaknesses. Now, what's the best way to getting know each other than having a sleepover~?"

"--I have school tomorrow." Conan tried to make an excuse, but without pulling 'adorable kid' card, it's not effective at all. And no... he has a mountain of pride to ever use that card against his rival who's NOT in his disguise. He's not ready for the extra humiliation.

"Heh... as if kiddies stuffs can even amuse a genius like you"

"To be compliment by the international thief... what an achievement" Conan rolled his eyes.

"--well, you are my one and only rival." Kaito simply said.

"What about Hakuba?"

That prankster made a disgruntled face, "all that prick ever do is to annoy me. I need a real excitement in life. You're the only one who can give me the thrill that I need..."

Conan scowled in disgust, "did you always hitting on everybody you met?" Yet the magician only gave him innocent smile.

"No way! I'm just stating a fact here~!"

Conan raised a brow, "oh really? I feel sorry for the task force then. And Hakuba too. I can't imagine how flustered they were just from dealing with you"

Surprisingly enough, Kaito actually blushed, "I am not hitting on them, for Merlin sake!"

The tiny detective find it amusing, "KID always flirts with his dear detectives. Don't tell me that you had no idea about it..."

With his silence, Conan smirks, "my oh my~ our almighty moonlight thief doesn't know that He is a terrible flirts~?"

"I won't deny it with the ladies--"

"Oh, no, my sweet child, I'm talking on how you personally picked the color and pattern for each of your heists' targets. I mean, Traps tailored right to their right size? -- and yes, Hakuba and Nakamori-keibu included. Even Suzuki-san." He snickers as his companion slowly turned but red.

"It's just for fun, okay! That's what magicians do! They bring joy to others!" He insisted.

"Well, it does come out as 'your reactions are amusing, let's see it again'  when it comes to keibu and taskforce. But as the outsider... man, it's a straight come-ons."

A strange sound came out from the flustered magician-- it's close to the sound of strangled frog. The shrunken teen is trying his best not to laugh-- especially when his counterpart seemed to tripped on his own footings.

Maybe he's going to give this sleepover a go...

.oOo.

'

I take back my judgement...'

All he wanted is sleep, for heaven sake! Yet now he must dealt with pigeons perching and making 'nest' on his head???

"Aww, Kiki and Mimi love ya~" Kaito chuckles.

"Kaito. If you hadn't noticed. It's early in the morning. And we've done nothing productive since we came here. Now, If you don't get them off of me, I swear I'll wake you up with a kick on your balls"

"Uh-uh-uh~ it's a rule that you don't sleep during sleepovers~ don't you know that oh the amazing meitantei~? Or perhaps you never had one before? Oh you poor little thing~" Kaito teased whilst Conan twitched his eyebrows before he later sighed.

"Fine, do as you wish. I'm too tired to dealt with your hooliganism" he said as he just lay down on the dirty floor, closing his eyes.

"Oi, don't sleep there! You'll catch a cold" he pouts when Conan didn't move whatsoever.

"Fine, at least let's get back to the bed? You'll get cramps." He tried to negotiate, however, Conan stubbornly pretends  to be asleep-- fake it till you make it, they said. Besides, he's been up with low quality sleep this past nights. The thought of Vongola associated with BO really drained him phycically and mentally, even now that he knows that it isn't true, he's still rather restless as he keeps overthinks. Well, at least he can trust Kaito to keep him save in his territory.

The magician sighed, carrying the young detective to the nearest sofa so that he can still keep an eye on him while he later modified a bit of his own gadgets.

"Sleep tight, Shinichi~" he whispered softly, taking off his glasses with a smile when the detective breathing out evenly for real. The fatigue finally hits him, it seems. 'He deserved some rest' he decided, knowing how paranoid his look-alike is.

But who can blame him? Kaito himself sometimes crossed fate to BO, and to his judgement, they are five times worse than the organization that's after himself.

He just wished that if they do joined Vongola, both of the organization can be eradicated from this world for good.

One can dream, One can wish...
Together, he knows that they'll make it without a miss...