Introgation

It was hours later when the two was brought to another room...

Dark. They can't even see themselves. But they were tied to two chairs back-to-back. And for that Kaito was glad that at least he didn't have to worry about something would happen to the young critic without him knowing. Although, the way their ears covered by headphone was rather frustating too, they wouldn't be able to whispers to each other now.

"Well, well... The infamous Kaito KID and the missing great detective of the East. What a pleasant surprise to have you two here." A voice, deeper than anyone can get, echoed inside their head. And since the room's pitch black and the voice came from their headphones, neither of the mentioned two can tell where did it from or who said it. In which, as much they hate to admit, they felt so vulnerable right now. Even worse ever since each and every of their weapons are stripped off them. But of course, both knew not to show their weak side to their enemy.

"Were you the fake KID?" Conan bluntly asked, knowing that there's not much they can do anyway. For the very least, he needs to know what's this guy's intention and whether they associated with the syndicate he'd been chasing or if it's a completely different organization.

"Not really, someone else did the stunt. But to me it was the closest KID immitation in the whole history. Though of course being the only two who knew of the actual fact, you can saw that it was a fake in a blink." Conan can practically hear his smirk, and he hates it.

"Well then... what do you want from us? Surely, you don't seem to be the person who'd just turn me to the officer..."

The guy said again, "ah... so you admitted that you are KID. Well, that's step one. Though, truth be told, it'll be a missed opportunity to just send such a talented people to those foolish authorities. Afterall, it's not an everyday thing to get one of you, let alone two. Who would have known that you'd waltz in right to our trap whilst others are struggling to get their hands on you? I'm wheezing..."

Man, this guy sure talks a lot...

"--but anyway. It just proved the power we have is way too much for you to handle. We can do worst to your dearest one... but of course we wouldn't do that as long you're cooperating with us." --a threat. At this point they can't just assumed that the man was only bluffing.

"Now, I want to hear the rest of your story... who are you, and why are you you. Oh, and know that you're strapped in a chair that can detect your pulse, and knowing that you won't give a da** about yourself, so it'll be your friend who'll get electrified when you lied. Also, you both will get the same treatment when the pause is longer than 5 seconds." Two gritted their teeth at the information, "--we can start from you, dear Tantei-kun"

Conan know that he has the worst luck one could have, still he tried to push it through, "My name is Edogawa Conan--" and just then, Kaito's scream filled his hearing through the same headphone he wears. Conan's eyes widened in horror.

"Kaito!"

"--now, now... didn't I tell you not to lie? I though you're smarter than that, Tantei-kun." The other cackled wickedly. Conan would've been cursing like a sailor if he could.

"Come on now, 5 times wasn't that long to spent..."

Having no other option, the shrunken detective opened his mouth, "My real name is Kudo Shinichi. Supposedly 18 years old this year, but like you can see, I'm trapped in a body of second grader because of a stupid syndicate that I accidentally caught in action more less 2 years ago..." then silence, because honestly, Conan doesn't want to just tell his whole story, but Kaito's life was at stake. Given no other choice, he'll tell the said story as short as possible.

"I see... so, it's a 'drug went wrong scenario', huh?" the guy asked in hum, and by his wordings, Conan realized that he's just likely guests on things. Which that means, he was a part of different organization than BO. Dang it...

"More less..." Conan unwillingly replied.

"Okay then, here's the thing... what if we works on antidote for you and provides protection to your family, will you work for us then?"

"Huh?" Conan was at lost. Why are this guy asking such of question? Why is he suddenly sounds so nice? Was it another trap? Or maybe this guy has a personality disorder? Which ever it was, none of this seemed to make any sense...

"I see that you can't trust me, and I can see why..." a chuckle of the said guy who's voice turning to one of familiar child-like tone as the room's light turned on. Now both of the magician and detective could see that they were in fact, not tied up back-to-back. But rather face-to-face, just a feet away from each other. The ones who were tied up on their backs were only dummies.

"Conan!"

"Kaito!"

Both called the other's name in sync with pure relief. Neither of them was hurt... none of them seemed to be electrified also.

So, who's scream that Conan heard back then?

"AAAAAARGH!!"

"UWAAAAAA!!"

Yeah, that--

Wait...

The pair blinked as they found out that the scream came from their devices and not from each others mouth.

What the he--?

The door opened...

"Well then, I guess, we can say that this trick went successful..."

They can't believe their eyes to see the person who just walks in...

"Tsuna-kun?"

--the said boy just grins...