Chp. 1

(Moscow, Russia)

"Why the hell are you wasting our time, Rox?" Xena questioned. "You and I both know this is below us"

I nodded, knowing that she was right, but I couldn't leave. I couldn't abandon a job. The consequences would be too severe. I had a debt to pay and if I ignored this job, all this hard work and suffering would have been for nothing. My freedom would vanish right before my eyes, disintegrate at my touch, and I couldn't allow that to happen.

"Are you willing to kill your own blood for your freedom?"

"Our freedom and yes I am. They discarded us. Even if we don't kill these guys, they will never accept us. You and I both know that."

She stayed silent, but I felt her rage. She was angry and hurt because my words were true. Her heart burned and so did mine. I felt all her pain, anguish and more. She wanted freedom, but I couldn't pass over consciousness, not yet.

Waiting in the bitter cold wasn't bad at all. I was hidden upon a rooftop and I saw everything. The way that the perfect snow blanketed the whole ghost town; how the snow purified all that it touched. Thick dome roofs were adorned in snow, making everything look like a winter wonderland.

I wanted peace and this was the closest I've gotten to it. The silence magnified my tranquil state, and I almost wished that I was vacationing here.

Then he walked out of the building and I remembered why I was here. He looked too confident, sauntering down that staircase; too eager from all that he had learned. His men, however, were on high alert. They understood his importance and they knew they couldn't allow him to die. Their expressions showed nothing, not anger or fear nor excitement or despair.

Their emotions, on the other hand, screamed anguish. They felt my anger, tasted my determination, smelt my conviction, but I was no where in sight. They searched the area thoroughly, looking for someone or something to blame those feelings on, but nothing. They came up empty handed and they were relieved.

Once they reached the base of the staircase, all of their fear and anguish was nonexistent.

"I guess is better now than never" Xena chimed and I couldn't agree more.

Hopping down from my haven was nothing but easy. My impact was silent as I stalked towards them like a ghost, not once being detected. None of them broke formation as they escorted him to the black vehicle, so close to their freedom. They didn't even turn and check their backs. 'Ha and they call themselves bodyguards.' I thought more to myself than Xena.

I cleared my throat and everything went silence. The relieved men no longer moved. Alex Inshov, Russian Ambassador, no longer seemed or looked confident. They all wheeled around and fear infiltrated their senses. My presence erupted a volcano of fear inside of each man. The fear-filled scent that rushed from their bodies was intoxicating and I found myself easing towards them.

"W-what are you doing here, you filthy murderer?!" Inshov shouted, but his fear destroyed every ounce of confidence in his accusation. His shaking body and trembling hands went against his tough demeanour.

A giant man stalked my way, holding his head high. He reached for me, hoping that I would comply with his orders. "You cannot a--"

I had twisted his arm in an ungodly angle, tightening my grip the more he squirmed. I turned, my back facing him, and hauled him over my shoulder. His spiralling body made contact with a building far in the distance, demolishing his life on impact.

Everything from there happened in slow motion. Inshov was already in a car, the tires screeching against the pavement. The remaining men encircled me, their weapons firing off rounds of deadly shells.

The bullets tore through my skin effortlessly, broke every bone in my body, annihilated my existence, and I let them.

"Прекратить огонь! Cease fire!" one of them commanded. Their eyes widened in terror as the bullets that they poured into me, bled right back out. My bones mended themselves, cracking and breaking again just to get back their regular appearance. My skin sealed any holes that were created during the barrage of bullets. Some men stood, frozen from horror, other stumbled and tripped over themselves, trying so hard to escape.

"That's it?" I questioned and everything passed in a blur. The men that ran were the first on my list. One by one their head fell or snapped. Red splatters stained the pure snow, encasing the men in each other's blood.

Only two men had stood their ground, from fear or pride. Their bodies shook violently when I placed my hand gently on their shoulders. Turning them in my direction took a second and I made sure that I was the only and last thing that they saw. Their gaze latched onto my metallic grey eyes as their faces twisted in fear and hatred. The smile that crept along my face only worsened those emotions.

I leaned in towards both of their ears, "kill yourselves" I whispered in a pleading tone.

A hazy gleam clouded their eyes as they pulled their weapons from their holsters. With a salute, their bullets crawled through their flesh with blinding speed. The gunshots reverberated throughout the night, along with the thumps of their bodies making contact with the soft snow.

"I guess it's all you, huh?" I asked Xena. She didn't even bother answering. I was thrown to the back of our consciousness as she took control. My body felt as if it was being devoured by lava and showered by the fresh flames of hell. The convulsions were strong and threatening, twisting and expanding my body with mind-numbing speed. The wings tore through my healing skin, breaking backbones as they expanded. My bones, muscles, and flesh were rearranging themselves and I was intoxicated from the feeling. Instead of pain I felt nothing, but blissful pleasure. It had been so long since she was in control and I had forgotten the ecstasy of our transformation.

My body grew into hers. I could feel the pavement beneath us crumbled from the sudden weight increase and I could feel Xena's excitement when her body had fully grown. She roared in delight, with a thrust of her wings she was off.

Xena's massive body and incredible speed caught up to the car in an instant. The black Mercedes had driven for at least an hour and yet she caught up in a second.

She descended onto the car's hood, shooting the car upwards until it crashed into one of her legs. The top of the car was pealed of easily and she stared down at the awe struck and terrified men. They were dragons too, but not like Xena. Even if they shifted Xena would annihilate all of them.

Her strong jaw tensed as she roared in their faces. They gazed at her muscular form , ut before realization kicked in, it was too late.

I could feel the burning sensation in the back of her throat and it was euphoric. Jet black flames engulfed the vehicle and their melodious screams echoed throughout the empty town.

Out of the corner of her eye, Xena noticed a small girl staring in her direction. The girl trembled from fear and she tried blending her body into the stone building. Her chocolate hair cascaded down her trembling body and the fear that emitted from her pores was intoxicating. She had seen all of the men lose their lives in an instant. She must've wanted to save them, from us.

"What should I do with her? She's seen too much." Xena said turning her head towards the girl.

"Let her go. She's not our target and we have no control over who she will or will not tell." I said feeling bad for the girl.

Xena complied and with a heavy thrust of her wings, we were up in the air, heading towards Samantha.

***

Vote and comment please!