Chp. 14

Roxy's P.O.V (Skyterra)

We asked Abby to renounce herself as Queen and hand over the throne to Liz, but she was too stubborn. Her Quarter quickly filled with men but I had already vanished to our war room. Everyone that sided with me was evacuated and taken to safer locations. Those who wanted to fight, stayed with me. The others, mostly the elders and childern, were taken to safe houses hidden in the Poor and Middle districts.

We were stationed right outside of the boarders belonging to the Upper Districts. They had all prepped for war. Windows were boarded up, fences, at least ten feet high, were adorned in barbed wire, dancing along the outskirts of town, all made of silver, daring any wolf to enter. The first few houses were rigged with explosives and men hid in every crook and cranny that they could find.

Abigail was stationed at the heart of this giant fortress, surrounded by ogres, vampires, and werewolves. Dragons and demons flew above, warning her of any incoming intruders.

Liz and I were with at least 15 different dragons and wolves. A decoy unit charged the main entrance of the fortress, gaining everyone's attention. As soon as the dragons flew in their direction and the guards swarmed them, my group and two other groups silently flew in. We carried the wolves past the fence and safely to the other side, blending in with the darkness.

The group about 50 feet from us flanked the vampires and Ogres that attacked the mini unit, destroying them in minutes. I cut down a section of the fence, ushering in the rest of my attacking squad. If we needed back up, we had archers stationed high in the trees and werewolves and dragons on standby. Most of my attackers consisted of Warlocks and Ogres but I also had a fair share of vampires, werewolves and fairies.

My ogres charged through the streets and alleys, drawing out any hidden creature, and fought relentlessly. We all had one another's back, making sure that no one died. We reached the first inner gate and just as we went to ram it down, dragons crawled over the walls. Flames erupted from their mouths, annihilating everything that they touched. My wings flew open, covering 40 of us from the flames. The rest shouted and cringed under the intense heat.

Two arrows to the throat killed both dragons, taking the flames with them. We finally made it into the garden of the hide out. I took 5 people with me, letting the others surrounded the mansion and fight with any guards or attack units. The archers picked off any stragglers and the aerial unit duked it out with any other flying obstacle.

Liz and I, along with the four others, scaled the mansion walls. When ever we heard or saw anything, we stopped moving and clung tighter to the wall. The sun was slowly peeking from over the mountains, warning us that time was running out. I hoisted myself over a balcony and helped the others up, occasionally checking over my shoulder to make sure that no one came.

We moved silently through the halls and up to her private room. Shouts and bangs signaled that my men had broken through into the house, quickly destroying anything in their path.

I could hear the panic in Abby's thoughts the closer we got to her. She wanted it all to be over, her fear overwhelmed me. She was fighting all this alone and going crazy at the same time. She wanted her sister. She wanted someone to comfort her and tell her that it would be okay. She was so confused with everything and all her thoughts attacked her mind at once, magnifying her pain and confusion.

We burst into her room, snapping her out of her thoughts. Her guard quickly attacked us, only to be met by my roaring ogres. Swords hacked limbs, clubs smashed skulls but through it all I was only focused on Abby. She hadn't moved from her throne, her face filled with anger and sadness. Liz was fighting off two vampires so she hadn't noticed my leaving her side.

Abby shot up and dashed in my direction, drawing her fangs and daggers. The room was filled by Liz's agonizing scream. She tried reaching me but Abby's men kept roaring over her, blocking her path. She saw the attack coming, screaming for me to move. To do anything but stand there, to just move. But I didn't.

Abby lunged at me, stabbing me right in the heart and lungs, twisting the daggers for good measure. Blood seeped out of my mouth as I looked her in the eyes. She looked so scared and it hurt me.

"It's okay." Her eyes widen and tears threatened to fall. She tried backing up but my arms locked around her waist, refusing her attempts to flee. I pulled her into a hug, forcing the daggers deeper in me, and whispered it once more. She shook her head, pleading that I let her go. "You did a great job as a ruler, but you need help."

Clashing of weapons drowned out her sobs. She now clung to me, saying how sorry she was and how she wanted to be perfect. She was broken and this was the best thing for her. She needed someone there for her, that's all she ever wanted.

She pulled away a bit and cursed under her breath from seeing the blood pour out of my body. I gently lowered myself to the ground, resting my head against the wall. All she felt was regret, trying to help me.

I took her hand, gently pushing her away from me. "Help them." I breathed out ruggedly. Darkness consumed me, knocking me out instantly.

****

Liz's P.O.V.

She was dead. She was dead and my sister killed her. Anger surged through me, making everything go red. My fangs extended and I was on a rampage. Tearing heads off, slitting bodies in two, anything that got me to Roxy quicker. My sister had said something but I could hear her. People tried calming me but I didn't bother listening.

She had been out for 15 minutes now and I couldn't let her wait any longer. Abby stood in front of me, clutching my shoulders, uttering meaningless words to me. Her eyes were full of tears and I couldn't figure out why.

"...rry...." I shook my head, not sure what she said.

"I'm sorry, Liz." She chocked out again, never averting eye contact. I pushed past her, running to Roxy's side. I lifted her up, running straight back to the castle.

It was crazy how I didn't even care about this war anymore. Once Roxy got stabbed it all was about her. Was I glad that I left my men? Of course not, but I didn't have Roxy. She was the reason all of this was possible. I laid her on my bed, removing the daggers that ended her life.

Five hours passed and she still hadn't woken up. I tired everything. I kissed her, nudged her, healed her, only to get her same lifeless body. I was slowly going insane, praying that she would wake up. Everything was strangely quiet, so I walked out of my room looking for anything. I neared the main dinning room, hearing faint sounds of cheering. Had we lost? All of those people died f.. for nothing? I turned into the hall, seeing Abby's men in restrains. My army cheered and shouted, high-fiving one another. They looked at me and quickly silenced themselves. The crowd parted and Marcus hobbled my way. He looked like himself again and I was beyond happy.

"We won, my Queen." He bowed, resulting in a wave of bowing men and women. The restrained men were hauled off into cells, until further notice. My sister was dragged in and my heart sank. I loved seeing her, but she killed my best friend.

"It's over, Liz. You're queen." She said sadly. I wanted to yell but my voice betrayed me. I gave her a slight smile before waving the men off, taking her with them. Anthony had sauntered over to us as well, curiosity written all over his. Before he could ask his questuon, I led them both to my room which now held an empty bed.