Chp. 15

Roxy's P.O.V.

"You know, when someone is dying, taking them to your bedroom probably isn't the best idea." I said as I stretched, walking over to their shocked bodies. "Not to mention, you left me alone in a dark room." Liz wheeled around quickly and pounced at me, hugging me with all her might.

"I thought you died!" She exclaimed, weakly beating on my chest. "Don't you ever scare me like that! You hear me Roxy?! Never again!" Her eyes were red and tired, filled with joy and anger.

I lifted her small body up and walked over to her bed. Laying her down, I looked into her eyes. "I promise that it won't happen again. Now sleep. You had a long day, Liz. I'll be waiting when you wake up." I gave her my lop-sided smile and she chuckled through her tears. She submitted to the darkness as soon as she pulled the sheets over her.

Anthony and Marcus had healed which overjoyed me. I engulfed them in a hug and asked them to watch over her for a while. Of course they agreed, so I opened a portal to Zelda's realm and stepped through quickly. The freezing wind wrapped around me, gnawing away at my exposed skin.

Thinking about her castle, I closed my eyes and teleported myself there. When I opened them again, Crystal was crushing me in a hug. All the air in my lungs disappeared as I begged her to let me go. She soon listened, releasing me from her grasp. Sapphire and Zelda both entered and did the same thing.

After they were satisfied with knowing that I was okay, I went looking for Ashley. They told me that she was in the west wing, locked up with her sadness. Running there, I bumped into several people but I refused to stop. I wanted her to be happy, not wallow in a sadness that I created. The closer I got, the more my heart fell. Her emotions crashed into me like a semi-truck. She was in so much pain and it hurt me. I could feel her pain and... betrayal? Who had betray her?

I banged on her door, telling her it was me and to open up. Her crying stopped and I was glad. I was here for her and her crying would no longer have to go on. Again, I begged her to open up and let me in but she didn't. Her emotions turned from sadness to anger, and it washed over me like fresh fire.

"Leave me alone, you liar!" Her words, muffled by the door, stung. What had I lied about?

"Ash, love, what are you talking about?" My voice was nearly a whisper. I reached for the door but before I could, it tore open and what I saw killed me. Her once ivory skin was deadly grey, giving her the appearance of a corpse. All of the colour in her beautiful chocolate eyes was drained, leaving them dull and lifeless. And her wrist, her small wrists, were adorned with slits. Some still had old blood caked on, while the fresher scars still bled.

"You promised to protect me but look at me, Rox. Look at what you did to me!" Tears welled up in her eyes and it destroyed me. "I trusted you. I believed that you would never hurt me. I..." She broke down in tears but when I tried to hug her, she pushed me away. Her gaze never met mine and I just wanted to curl into a ball.

Why had she done this to herself? I was gone, what, four days and she looked as if hell had run into her and spat her out. Was that all the pain she had held inside her, from me? Did I make her do this?

I tried reaching out to her again, only to have the door slam in my face. My body rested against the door as I begged for her to come back out again, for me but she ignored my cries for her.

"I fucking hate you!" The venom in her words was enough to kill me. My heart shattered into a million pieces and even then, it kept breaking. I stopped shouting, I stopped feeling, everything just stopped. She despised me. She wanted nothing to do with me, and I knew that nothing good would come if I stayed, it never did.

Crystal leaned against the wall with a sad look on her face. My smile was weak, never quite reaching my eyes.

"Can you take care of her? For me?" Tears ran down my face as she embraced me in a hug, like today was the last day she's see me. It possibly was.

"You know that I will always do what you ask for." Her soft voice calmed my beating and broken heart, only for a second.

Opening a portal, I looked back at Ashley's door, hoping that she would welcome me in and forget all the pain I had given her.

It never happened.

"You did everything right Rox. Don't you dare blame yourself okay?!" Crystal was right, but it didn't matter. My girl hates me. She HATES me.

I dropped my gaze and stepped through the portal, leading me back to a sleeping Liz.

***

Ashley's P.O.V.

I wanted so badly to run out to her and tell her that I forgive her. I wanted her to come back to me but I couldn't. I couldn't let go of all the pain and anger that I had pent up inside me. She said she would protect me but she failed.

Then again I was my own enemy, not her. She tried to protect me but she couldn't. She couldn't even protect me from myself so how could she protect me from anything, right?

Banging on my door jolted me back to reality. "Open the damn door!" Crystal roared. What's up her ass?

I slowly peeled open the door, letting her see myself inflicted pain. I hadn't left here in four days, so no one knew what I looked like. Her anger morphed into sadness once she saw me.

"Why'd you do it?"

My gaze was plastered to the ground. I was already aching and I couldn't bare talking or thinking about it again.

"You knew she left to protect you, but you still did this to yourself." She grabbed my arms, turning them up, getting a better look of the permanent damage on them. "Why d--"

"Because she fucking lied! She told me, on the first night we met, that she would protect me, but look! Do I look fucking safe? Huh? That's what I thought." The words poured out my mouth. I didn't want to yell or talk about her, because it hurt even more.

"She didn't protect me, she's the re--"

"You think she liked being away from you? God your naive. Do you think that it didn't kill her as much as it did you when she was gone?" Her words hit me like a bag of bricks. "You were stuck looking for her, yes but she found you and couldn't do anything about it because she was afraid that you'd get hurt.

She had to watch as you almost got hurt and felt when you wanted to hurt yourself, and it killed her." She knew where I was? Is that what Anthony and Marcus meant when they said she always knows where I'm at?

"She NEVER lied to you, you just got wrapped up in your own pain that you didn't see all that she had done for you. We protected you because she asked us to. Do you think that all her friends just suddenly liked you? Yeah, that's right." Everything she said shot through me, leaving me hurting and cringing at every word.

Her words didn't hurt, but they made me think of all that I told Rox. I was being a brat, ignoring the pain she went through as well, and it fucking killed me.

"I need to see her.." My voice was like a whisper, my eyes pleaded for Crystal to take me to her.

"Well is too fucking late. She gone to god knows where."

I wanted to die. I made her feel like shit and that's what she was going to think of when she thought of me.

A heartless bitch.