Chp. 23

Roxy's P.O.V (Zelda's Realm)

Before we stepped through the portal, the twins were already dragging me towards the direction of my bathroom. Resting me against the sink, they began their wonders. My wounds had already healed, the blood oozing from my nose being the only red flag but they ran around in my bathrooms as if I were dying. It swas cute, how much they cared. After being gone for centuries upon centuries, they still treated me like the kid that was accident prone and inseparable from her mother. This was there only job and I couldn't take it away from them, so I let them run around in search of things that could heal me, the indestructible. Riley rushed to my side, gently dabbing at the blood free falling out of my nose and down my face. Her small hands maneuvered over my face, cleaning up the spilt blood and stopping the bleed all at once. It was impressive but she already knew that.

Soon enough, Harley's soft hand was cupping my chin, looking for any hidden marks that could cause me pain. Tracing my face with her hands, she found none but the fear still lingered in her eyes. Smiling, she leaned into me, hugging me till my lungs collapsed. Small sobs erupted from her throat as her grip on me loosened but she still clung to me which hurt more than her initial hug. I had scared her. Looking up, I noticed that Riley was trying but failing to keep her tears at bay. Beckoning her over, I hugged her along with Harley, hoping that it was more than enough to reassure them that I will always be alright.

"You.. always do... th-this." Harley's voice, muffled, cried to me as I hugged them tighter. She was true. As a child, I always got into trouble. Not as bad as anything now but still trouble. I'd make my dad angry so that he would focus his anger on me and not my mom, I'd deliberately get into fights with the guards for not being nice enough. Wherever trouble was I found it and it was always left to their mothers and them to treat my wounds. "Why can't y-you just stay away f-from danger?" I smile, knowing that it's impossible to eject myself from my life. I tried. When I lost Ashley, I just left everyone for three years. I didn't speak to anyone, I moved, hell I was ready to try and leave this damn world just to get away from the pain that infected my heart but then he found me. And here I am again. It doesn't matter what I try to do to get away, it all would just come back to me, ten times worse.

Riley knew, both of them knew, that running wasn't a viable option. I was stuck with my life of being a killing, destructive, manipulating, manipulated tool. All of my running would just lead me back to where I started. The hug lasted for a few more seconds before they both released me and packed up all of the emergency medical kits. Their tears were gone but the sadness lingered behind, slowly sinking in. I didn't want them sad but I couldn't change it. If I could, I'd go back and change all of this shit. All of my killing, hurting, running. All of it would be gone. I would stay home and stop my dad from hurting my mother, I would stay with them and Rayne. I'd leave this fucking life in a heartbeat if I could but I knew that it was not possible.

Riley's hand caressed my worried face as my eyes focused on hers. They were still sad but she was smiling. All of her childishness was gone as she looked at me, taking in all of me.

"We know that you can't change. No one can. Not in the way that you would have to but we accept it. We accept all of you, Master, because you care about us. You worry about us and we know that you cry for us, although you'll never admit it, you cry." Her smile was happy and I couldn't stop the emotion-filled gaze that I gave her. I wanted to reassure her that she was correct. I cared about all of them more than I lead on. "You protect us, and anyone else, when we are in danger and that's why we accept you. You're not perfect but you try to be for everyone else's sake, not just yourself." Again, we were hugging but I didn't want to release her. She's always been the perceptive one between the two of them and I knew she understood me despite myself. All of the lives I took and places and families I've destroyed, she and Harley have always loved me. They treated me like I was the innocent little girl they took care of all the way back when.

Finally releasing her, I pushed myself off of the counter top and made my way towards the living room with both girls tailing behind me. The atmosphere intensified by at least one thousand when I entered. All eyes darted to me as I took the seat farthest from Ashley and her.. man toy and closest to Rayne. Immediately she brought me into a hug, her previous stone facade broken. Crystal and Zelda were gone with the three girls, who took the teleportation better than Mr. Man Toy, questioning why they were attacked I assumed. Rayne freed me but clung to my hand as she intertwined our fingers, placing them in her lap. Riley and Harley were already back to their old selves, fighting in their incredibly tight clothing. It made me feel uncomfortable. Don't get me wrong they were gorgeous. Tens out of ten but it just made me feel like a pervert when they called me master while wearing clothes like that. We needed to go shopping. Soon.

The room was quiet, apart from Mr. Man Toy freaking out to Ashley who obviously wasn't paying attention. Although I refused to look at her, I could feel her glare burning into me. Most likely focused on Rayne's hand laced with mine. A smile appeared on my face from the thought. She was my MOTHER for gods sake but Ashley didn't know that. From her view point, I assume, I met someone older than her and we were happily together. She was jealous. The smile only widen as I realized it but I still didn't look at her. So what if she was jealous, she still hooked up with a guy when I was lonely and crying for three years. Had they hooked up, hooked up?

"Master, are you alright? You look sick." Riley asked as she placed Harley in a head lock effortlessly.

Smiling, I nodded. "Yes, I'm fine. Just though of something that made my stomach hurl." Nodding, she proceeded to choke her sister out. It was actually very entertaining to watch the pair of them go at it. Shifting my gaze up, I almost smiled at the look Ashley was giving me. Eyebrows raised, cheeks a rosy red. Her jealousy was adorable but I couldn't do anything about it. I promised to leave her alone and I can't break that promise, no matter how much my heart wants it. I can't.

Looking away from her, I focused my attention on anything but her and the guy inching closer and closer to her. He was such a pussy. I mean how could she have left me for that? Was I that bad to her that I turned her straight? Was that even possible?

"What did I tell you about thinking so much?" Rayne questioned, giving me a side glance before looking at the twins again. She had to know that this girl, this beautiful beautiful girl in front of her, was my mate. That I couldn't have. Her hand gave mine a reassuring squeeze before letting me calm down.

Reclining in my seat, I kept my eyes closed as thoughts that I could barely tame swarmed my mind. About her with him, in more ways than just one, my girl kissing a man while I was gone. Behind my lidded eyes, the world began spinning, threatening to send me over the impossible. She hates me. She left me for someone more normal. Because I'm a monster. Clenching my fist, I tried changing my thoughts but images of him all over her made it fucking impossible. My breathing increased along with his high pitched shrieks.

"Why the hell did that place blow up and how were we able to walk through a pink shimmering portal? Those girls ears are pointed and they have tails! My god. This place is made of ice and we aren't frozen how did we walk through a portal? Are--"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP! FOR FUCKS SAKE JUST SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTH! CAN YOU DO THAT? CAN YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH?" I exploded before I could catch myself and I hated it. Exhaling, I lifted myself from my seat, anger and jealousy at their highest, and walked out of the room. He was beyond annoying and I couldn't be in a room with her without being able to touch her. Call me selfish and childish but I wasn't going to endure watching him cling to her. I can handle bullets and death and shit but seeing her with someone else. That's torture.

No one followed, thankfully, as I stormed out of the castle walls. Xena had been clawing at my walls, begging to be freed and I finally let her have control. The burning sensation spread throughout my body and for he first time since we've gotten back, I felt great. Relishing in the pain, I let Xena grow beyond what I was used to, breaking my limits. The blissful sound of my bones breaking, the feeling of almost dying was more than enough to send me over the edge.