Chp. 9

The walk, more like drag, towards the queens room was relaxing, despite the chants of death and stares from other creatures. My guards did an amazing job in carrying me away, making it look as if I was destroyed by their might.

"You're doing a great job, Rox. I never thought you would pity any one other than Ashley." Xena yawned out, finally waking from her slumber.

"They needed it. I can be nice when I want... How do you think she is? Ashely, that is, how do you thinks she's doing?" I found myself thinking about her more than I should have but I couldn't help it. Seeing her beaten like that scared the shit out of me and I've never been one to care about anyone other than myself.

"I think she's fine. I mean, you did ask Crystal to watch over her and she has never been one to disappoint, so don't worry, Rox. She's fine." I could tell that she was worried as well. Ashley was a tad bit young but she had seen here fair share of bullshit that this world had to offer. She always acted so tough and that's what scared me. She would never run away from a fight because she thought she had to be strong but in reality she's as soft as a cloud. Anything could break her.

"Pay attention, Rox. Ashley is fine." Xena declared before the golden double doors eased open.

There she was, seated on a platinum thrown, surrounded by her minions and personal creatures. When she saw that they captured me, her lightning blue eyes danced in joy.

The blond to her left looked vaguely familiar but I couldn't quite place where I'd seen her. She had the same blue eyes as the queen but her facial expression was softer and more welcoming.

Both men threw me to the ground and saluted their queen.

"We found her lurking around the castle, for in the Hell quarters, my Lady" Minion 1 told her. His deep voice filled the silent room and seemed to please her highness even more.

"Grand job, Anthony and Marcus!!!! Grand job, in deed." She shouted in a shrill voice, clapping in delight. Turning to the blond haired girl, she pointed at me "Happy birthday, Liz!" She rocked from side to side in excitement. "I know that you needed a body guard so, I caught you one! Why aren't you as happy as I am?" Her tone died a little and sorrow rushed her emotions. I chuckled at her sudden change of emotion and she hissed in my direction.

Liz stood and slowly approached me. I growled loud enough to shake the room, which caused her to jump back. Anthony and Marcus feigned to hold me back, locking their arms with mine, restricting any movements that might hurt this little jewel.

Her emotions and thoughts were much purer than the queens. She felt bad for me and wanted me to fell safe and welcomed. Her eyes traveled to my tatted clothes and dirty body and she grimaced from the sight. I still had dried blood caked on my body and mud and dirt from the Animal quarters made new messes on my already filthy body.

She raised her hand and caressed my cheek. Her eyes were full of regret and pain. "Thank you so much Abby. I love her." Her eyes never left mine and Abby squealed in appreciation.

Liz clapped her hands and a team of girls with pointed ears and varying colours of skin rushed towards me. They carefully took my hands and pulled me out of the queens room and down one of the gorgeous halls. We turned about 10 times before we reached another set of doors, only these were made of platinum instead of gold.

The doors were swung open and a huge bathhouse awaited us in the inside. Everything was pure white and when I walked in a tanned fairy screamed from disgust.

"What the hell is this? Why is there a filthy animal in her--"

"Shut up Kris." A much taller, much more attractive fairy said and Kris listened. "Take her clothes off and clean her up." She looked me up and down. "We've got our work cut out for us ladies!" she shouted and snapped her fingers.

I was drowned by a wave fairies, all wanting to strip me. They tore off my clothes and threw them into a garbage bin. The next two hours of my life consisted of my being washed and scrubbed like a dog until my skin was raw. My eyebrows were plucked and they manicured my body, leaving no hair unattended.

When they had finished, I was wrapped in a plush, white rode and led into a grand closet that was made just for me.

"Lady Elizabeth would like to privately dine with you, please wear whatever you wish." A fairy said before backing out, leaving me to get myself dressed. I threw on a black sports bra and black boy shorts. I grabbed a white Fall Out Boy cut-off and threw it on. My hair cascaded down the right side of my body, leaving my tattoos open for all. My ankle socks were black and fluffy.

The doors opened and Amanda, the leader of the fairies, walked in and escorted me to my new 'master'. I walked into what I assumed was her room and made my way to the balcony, which held a small table set up for two people.

The scenery before me, made me catch my breathe. It was beyond beautiful. The crimson red sun sank beyond the horizon and the pink sky was slowly fading to purple. Warm, yellow clouds were suspending in the air. The castle stood up high on a cliff and tiny house and cottages surrounded the base of the hill. Other houses and shacks could also be seen in the distance. Despite the gorgeous atmosphere, I could tell that the people that live far below were poverty stricken and lived off of the scraps of the rich.

Liz was in relaxing clothes as well, so I didn't feel bad for under dressing. I walked towards her and kissed her hand, thanking her for being a caring person.

Her face flushed red and she led us over to the dinning table. Anthony and Marcus were our servers and I couldn't help but laugh. We ate our food in comfortable silence, stealing glances at one another every now and then.

When the food was done and cleaned up, I reclined in my chair and let out a sigh. She chuckled at my stressed out state and I gave her a sloppy smile, which only made her laugh harder.

Her laughed ended quickly and she became serious in an instant.

"I heard about how you helped Jasmine today. I'm surprised by your actions though, why help her if it puts your life in danger?" she asked quizzically, like she has never seen some risk their life for another person.

"She would have died had I not helped, same for her friends in the 'animal' wing." I said harsher than expected, she flinched at my tone. Her eyes lowered in apology and I could feel her sadness. Her thoughts were running wild, trying to figure out if she wanted to tell me the truth.

I stood and peered down on the poor families "Why do you allow this to happen?" I asked, not looking at her.

"I know you care about these people more than you let on, so why all this?" I gestured to the people far down below, broken and dirty.

"I can't stop my sister from all that she has done. I tried stopping her but I was too weak." She was now right beside me, her head resting on my shoulder. Her eyes trained on the side of my face, choosing her words carefully. "Help me." I looked down at her, finally meeting her gaze. "Help me rid this land of my sister and lead them into a better future." Her gaze was hopeful and I couldn't say no. Samantha hadn't really given me clear instructions on what to do, so I nodded my head and agreed to help her make her realm a better place for everybody.

"What is this place?" I finally asked, not sure where I actually was.

"This is Skyterra. My home."